Now that's a contract

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
"2021 Formula One champion Max Verstappen has signed a new 5-year contract with Red Bull Racing worth approximately $50 million per season."

I know the numbers obviously work for Red Bull but they'll have to sell a lot of "sugar water" pay that.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The guy is 24? It is always interesting to see how clearly popular some sports are outside of the US.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
"2021 Formula One champion Max Verstappen has signed a new 5-year contract with Red Bull Racing worth approximately $50 million per season."

I know the numbers obviously work for Red Bull but they'll have to sell a lot of "sugar water" pay that.

I don't get how they generate that kind of income in Formula one. And I mean I literally don't understand how Formula 1 works. Are they filling up stadiums around race tracks? Making it off TV money?

I guess one thing that helps is that after the driver, I'm guessing the rest of the team makes good money but not retire after one year money.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
I don't get how they generate that kind of income in Formula one. And I mean I literally don't understand how Formula 1 works. Are they filling up stadiums around race tracks? Making it off TV money?

I guess one thing that helps is that after the driver, I'm guessing the rest of the team makes good money but not retire after one year money.
Formula One is HUGE pretty much everywhere in the world but in the US, and it's getting bigger here. They fill up their tracks and command huge TV audiences. As for the drivers, there aren't that many of them, and Verstappen is right at the top. Hamilton is probably the only one bigger, maybe. I spent a day in Monaco several years ago. It was amazing to see the numbers of tourists doing exactly what we were doing, walking the streets that form the race circuit there. That was pretty cool.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
They also turn right instead of just left, that's why its so popular worldwide

Aug 22, 2012
Built in scarcity too.

There are only 20 seats in Formula One. It's prestigious to be in Formula One, let alone be one of the best.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login