NVIDIA…

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
They needed a small pivot and it looks like they found it. Their GPUs are awesome but they can't produce enough chips and most of their partners like EVGA and ASUS don't like working with them. AMD has made a lot of ground on them since covid.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I bought a bunch of it at $225. I have quite a bit of AMD also.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I need to strike my prior post. NVIDIA went from "languish" to up over 70% pretty quickly. I hadn't looked in a while.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
This is the only stock that is up from the whole lot that I got in 2021 per motley fool recommendations. Every other one is down 70% or so. But I guess I'll take it.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
This is the only stock that is up from the whole lot that I got in 2021 per motley fool recommendations. Every other one is down 70% or so. But I guess I'll take it.
I subscribe to Motley Fool as well. I've bought some of there recommendations and ignore others. I'm up 44% this year so far. Damn! I just jinxed myself.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
MRVL popped today

Another fool pick

I'll also point out - and I'm not making this up - that I bought SIVB in 2021 because of the fool. I would literally punch those advisors in the groin if given the chance.

So I am happy for all of you that are having good luck with it, but if I could go back in time and do anything different, it would be to get off my moral high horse in college and sleep with every single girl that I had the opportunity to. And if I had 2 things to do different, the 2nd would be to avoid motley fool altogether and put all that $$ into an index fund (that they claim to beat, but again I'm down 70% total on their picks that were between March and November of 2021). I have way less money because of them.

Tsunhater

Nov 2, 2012
I could have told you this would happen two weeks ago when I sold it.... Not kidding.
Same here sold at $300. I’m awesome at selling right before the big jump. Sold meta right before earning last quarter. Up $50 next day. I’m making money but dang I’m missing the big upside.

Grove Sh.tter

Sep 30, 2022
I'll also point out - and I'm not making this up - that I bought SIVB in 2021 because of the fool. I would literally punch those advisors in the groin if given the chance.

So I am happy for all of you that are having good luck with it, but if I could go back in time and do anything different, it would be to get off my moral high horse in college and sleep with every single girl that I had the opportunity to. And if I had 2 things to do different, the 2nd would be to avoid motley fool altogether and put all that $$ into an index fund (that they claim to beat, but again I'm down 70% total on their picks that were between March and November of 2021). I have way less money because of them.
I discovered tmf in June 2020. It was awesome until it wasn't. The value of my investments plummeted sharply starting 11-2021. I kept most of them, though. Most are still in the red, but they do recommend a 5 year time to see growth.

Tech stocks are volatile. Most of the upside is in the very few picks which go stratospheric.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
So buy puts before the next earnings when they don't actually get $11 billion in revenue for the quarter?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login