O.T. Charles Ray Nix Dove Field

snowman79

Sep 18, 2012
Has anyone ever hunted this public dove field at Charles Ray Nix WMA near Sardis? My resources have dried up for private dove hunting and wanted to see if it was worth my time.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
W
I hunted the Ray Charles WMA just south of there once but I kept getting peppered!***
Why the ***? I'm sure I'll catch hell for axin'. I remember as a kid going hunting with Dad and it was always my job to clean 'em. Was worth it through cuz he marinated and grilled them tasty. Hadn't had any since would love to try again.
Oh Schit I just figgered out the Ray Charles... LMAO.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
W

Why the ***? I'm sure I'll catch hell for axin'. I remember as a kid going hunting with Dad and it was always my job to clean 'em. Was worth it through cuz he marinated and grilled them tasty. Hadn't had any since would love to try again.
Oh Schit I just figgered out the Ray Charles... LMAO.
Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Dove hunting has become a hollow shell of what it was 40-50 years ago. It’s really not worth the time and effort anymore. I went to a pay hunt last year for the first time in years, I fired two times. Missed both.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Dove hunting has become a hollow shell of what it was 40-50 years ago. It’s really not worth the time and effort anymore. I went to a pay hunt last year for the first time in years, I fired two times. Missed both.
I’ve not had private land access for years and my experience on public hunts has not been good, with % of dubmasses being the main issue. I’ve simply stopped dove hunting.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018

“Charles Ray Nix Dove Field”​

I saw the thread title and thought Selmon had picked up a couple of big donations from Charles Ray Nix and the Dove family and we were renaming Scott Field.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login