O.T. EPA Opens Probe into Missing Funds from MS Legislature Meant for Jackson's Water Crisis.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
This "probe" is to make sure the state legislature doesn't eliminate opportunities for graft for Choke and other officials and bureaucrats in Jackson. Pretty incredible.
That is in incredible. I was just trying to make a stupid joke but if that really is what the probe is for yikes!!! I mean anybody that has ever met Baby Choke, and I have to sit down with him yearly for my job, you figure out quick he is into stealing.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
That is in incredible. I was just trying to make a stupid joke but if that really is what the probe is for yikes!!! I mean anybody that has ever met Baby Choke, and I have to sit down with him yearly for my job, you figure out quick he is into stealing.
I'm just trying to figure out what happened to the money. The article is saying the State Legislature didn't use it according to what it was sent for from D.C. thus Jackson never getting it. I also think the "Civil Rights" aspect is woke BS.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Anybody know anything about the $75M that was supposed to go to Jackson for Water Plant Renovation?

This probe ends with a whimper once the current silliness in DC ends and the new congress is seated. Benny's probe is DOA.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm just trying to figure out what happened to the money. The article is saying the State Legislature didn't use it according to what it was sent for from D.C. thus Jackson never getting it. I also think the "Civil Rights" aspect is woke BS.
I think they're claiming that Federal grants for the state to distribute to various cities throughout the state should have all gone to Jackson. However, unless our governor is lying (always possible), the state has approved every water system grant or loan the City of Jackson has ever applied for.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I think they're claiming that Federal grants for the state to distribute to various cities throughout the state should have all gone to Jackson. However, unless our governor is lying (always possible), the state has approved every water system grant or loan the City of Jackson has ever applied for.
Ahhh, so THAT may be why they had to throw "Civil Rights" BS in. Hmmm.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
Grant money has to be requested and applied for. If you wait to request you may miss out. Most is handled through Economic Development. If paperwork is mishandled you don't get it.

So who is the grant writer for Jackson Who submitted requests? When we're they submitted versus other requests?

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
And 75 million is nothing state wide. A small system can cost around 2 million to upgrade.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Well, there are two separate but related claims I think although the article is pretty unclear. They are making a general claim that over the years the state government has "discriminated" against Jackson by not giving it its fair share of money available through different grant programs (largely federally funded) and that specifically with respect to the almost $75M Mississippi received from the recent infrastructure bill, it's not going to Jackson like it "should." The article makes it sound like that $75M was earmarked for Jackson but of course it wasn't.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
And 75 million is nothing state wide. A small system can cost around 2 million to upgrade.
Wasn't there some idiot local political down here that said it would take a billion dollars to fix the Jackson water system? Oh yeah now I remember Dr. Brian Grizzell. Can you imagine turning a billion dollars over to Baby Choke and him?

Last edited:

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
State government has limited input on normal grants. Not sure how the 75 mil was allocated.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Wasn't there some idiot local political down here that said it would take a billion dollars to fix the Jackson water system? Oh yeah now I remember Dr. Brian Grizzell. Can you imagine turning a billion dollars over to Baby Choke and him?
Well is $607.6 million close enough for you to get a determination because that is what was just delegated for them in the latest spending bill

Chucky Labamba's latest theft target

• Wow

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Grant money has to be requested and applied for. If you wait to request you may miss out. Most is handled through Economic Development. If paperwork is mishandled you don't get it.

So who is the grant writer for Jackson Who submitted requests? When we're they submitted versus other requests?
Pretty sure I remember reading back several months ago that grant applications weren’t even submitted for Jacktown during the Harvey Johnson regime.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
State government has limited input on normal grants. Not sure how the 75 mil was allocated.
Not sure what you are calling "normal grants", but I would say the opposite. Lots of federally funded grants are administered by the state government and while there are program requirements, there is generally lots of discretion.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
From now on, open probe on any federal funds given to any state, before they are even distributed.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
When is the probe of whether or not the mayor of Jackson and his cohorts are thieving, incompetent, lying liars?

I'd be very interested in that probe.

Reactions: patdog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I think it's saddern hell a local municipality can't deal with their own water systems and hafta have Uncle Sam to bail them out. Corruption and Dumbassedry from Jackson to D.C.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
With Kenny and Chalkweed the money was going to get misused. That's the nature of J Town Politics. They both sitting back with smiles on thier faces, thinking you dumbass suckers.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I could swear I thought Grizell had some kind of press conference where he said a billion. I am sure I am wrong though. I worked with Grizell for a number of years and he is a POS.
$750M was the other number but I believe that included another chunk from another appropriation. Bunny Tomson is reportedly responsible for the $606M being sent to Jackson from the recent federal appropriation. Translated what this is reported to mean is Bunny is securing the fed funds then getting them sent to Chucky. Chucky then forwards Bunny his cut from the sweetheart no bid deals the city sets up with good ole boy contractors that kick back $$ to Chucky. Chucky was said to be Bunny's hand picked successor but has fallen somewhat out of grace w/ Bunny after all the bumbling he has done recently w/ police, water, etc. Bunny's share is probably as much as Chucky's now as Chucky tries to regain his favoritism. It reads like a John Grisham novel when you start listening to all the stories going around and since rumors are encouraged here......

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login