O.T.- Natchez and Devil's Punchbowl and Champion Hill

Anon1683826958

May 11, 2023
Had the opportunity to visit Natchez over the weekend for fun/historical trip and hadn't ever heard of this "devil's punchbowl" until we did our trip. Was blown away by how much tragic stuff has happened in Natchez for such a small town. From massacre at Fort Rosalie(200+ deaths), to the Devil's Punchbowl (10 to 20K estimated, but could be false), to kids blown up at drug store (turning angel) to the Rhythm Night club burning down and killing over 200 and the mudslide. Anyone done any paranormal stuff at the punchbowl?? Rode by it, but just a high bluff overlooking a jungle. Curious to hear some cool stories. Just blown away by how much history and death in such a small city.

We also stopped off at the Champion Hill Marker. I've been down I-20 a hundred times and never knew that about close to 6,000 died right there outside of Bolton. about a mile off the interstate I've heard it's a creepy place at night. Sad though that it's not a national battlefield.

Also, we spent a night down at the Myrtles Plantation. Very haunted and we got pics!!

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Had the opportunity to visit Natchez over the weekend for fun/historical trip and hadn't ever heard of this "devil's punchbowl" until we did our trip. Was blown away by how much tragic stuff has happened in Natchez for such a small town. From massacre at Fort Rosalie(200+ deaths), to the Devil's Punchbowl (10 to 20K estimated, but could be false), to kids blown up at drug store (turning angel) to the Rhythm Night club burning down and killing over 200 and the mudslide. Anyone done any paranormal stuff at the punchbowl?? Rode by it, but just a high bluff overlooking a jungle. Curious to hear some cool stories. Just blown away by how much history and death in such a small city.

We also stopped off at the Champion Hill Marker. I've been down I-20 a hundred times and never knew that about close to 6,000 died right there outside of Bolton. about a mile off the interstate I've heard it's a creepy place at night. Sad though that it's not a national battlefield.

Also, we spent a night down at the Myrtles Plantation. Very haunted and we got pics!!
If you want an interesting listen that conveys a lot of Natchez's culture over the years, The Deepest South Of All is a good listen.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

Worth watching. They take up Champion HIll in the tour.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login