O.T. Trains

Dogpatrol

Mar 12, 2021
Question for those in the train world. Seems like we have had a lot of derailments lately or are we just hearing about them more?
I would think these should be very rare.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Question for those in the train world. Seems like we have had a lot of derailments lately or are we just hearing about them more?
I would think these should be very rare.
Train derailments happen all the time it’s just getting more attention because of what happened in Ohio.

There’s a man here in Desoto County that has made millions on cleaning up train derailments and his crews are constantly going somewhere.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Worked in a quarry that had train derails about 3 times a week. We had junky spurs though. Union pacific ran through the quarry....and I think they might have had one per quarter, nothing massive. It would mainly be mechanical failure of the switch or someone not paying attention to the position

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Heard on the news that there are about 1000 derailments per year in the US. So we're just hearing about them.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Train derailments happen all the time it’s just getting more attention because of what happened in Ohio.

There’s a man here in Desoto County that has made millions on cleaning up train derailments and his crews are constantly going somewhere.
Known Levy over 20 years...if that's who you're talking about. There another company in Rankin county that started in 2010 and had phenomenal growth also. It a huge and very profitable business.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
What possessed the Norfolk Southern folks to control explode and burn all those chemicals into the air over East Palestine, Ohio, killing wildlife and some domestic animals/pets (and PETA not saying a word about it). And the climate change brigade not having a fit about it?

Those good people in that area within a few hundred mile radius likely exposed to cancer-causing agents as well.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Known Levy over 20 years...if that's who you're talking about. There another company in Rankin county that started in 2010 and had phenomenal growth also. It a huge and very profitable business.
Levy does it too along with construction. I was talking about Bruce Pruitt.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login