Oat: to.my sixpack family

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Please be in prayer for me and my family. We lost a son on Friday. He was 37, married with a child, and he just decided to end his life.
Those of you who have had to bury your child and said it is the hardest thing you have done, you are 100 percent correct. We are heartbroken. Thank you all and may peace be with all of you and yours. Pull your children close and hold them tight.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Please be in prayer for me and my family. We lost a son on Friday. He was 37, married with a child, and he just decided to end his life.
Those of you who have had to bury your child and said it is the hardest thing you have done, you are 100 percent correct. We are heartbroken. Thank you all and may peace be with all of you and yours. Pull your children close and hold them tight.
Lost my nephew to suicide a few years ago. My prayers are with you and your family.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Oh lord. I can’t imagine what you’re going through. I pray for comfort for you & your family. I’m so sorry.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Sorry to hear this. Can't imagine how you can process this. Prayers to you, his wife, child, and rest of the family.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I'm really sorry, buddy. Depression's such a terrible thing, and all I can do is hope that your son found his peace and that you and your family are able to somehow eventually do the same.

God bless, man

bomanishus

Mar 17, 2009
Devastating news for all involved. So very sorry that you are having to go through this, and that his wife and daughter as well. So many questions are unanswered...

We lost a son twenty-two years ago in different circumstances, but the loss was overwhelming. In our situation, we held on to two things, three, really:
1. One day at a time. Get through today... just do the next thing - whatever it may be - even if that is breathing. In the Bible, when the Israelites were wandering, God gave them manna each day for that day (except twice on Friday for Sabbath). He had them rely on Him daily.

2. Grieve. The fact that you loved him and now he is gone is going to cause you to grieve. You may be fighting anger and questions and doubt everything you ever knew right now. That is natural, let it run its course but do not let it run your life. There are times to 'be strong' for the sake of others, but you need to grieve. It gets ugly sometimes with the crying and hopeless feelings. It is part of healing, so allow it to happen. Even if it's when you are behind closed doors and you completely lose it. Let it rip. Grieving helps you heal. IT TAKES TIME. You won't ever get completely over your loss, but - and this may sound uncaring at this time, but you will laugh again. Someday. There is hope.

2. a. Grief is too heavy to bear by yourself. Find someones to help you carry it. Your wife, friends, family.

3. Higher power. We read scripture and prayed like never before. God will reveal Himself and bring you 'the peace that passes understanding.' Soak up His words. Remember, He when He created the world, it was good, good, very good. It wasn't until sin entered the world that it started going downhill and death came into the world. God is able and He wants you to lean on Him.

If I can be of any help to you, please feel free to message me.

Last edited:

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
Praying for The Lord's perfect peace to be upon you and your family during this time of mourning and grieving. So sorry for your loss.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Sorry for your loss, wess. Heartbreaking. Will pray for you and yours.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Devastating news for all involved. So very sorry that you are having to go through this, and that his wife and daughter as well. So many questions are unanswered...

We lost a son twenty-two years ago in different circumstances, but the loss was overwhelming. In our situation, we held on to two things, three, really:
1. One day at a time. Get through today... just do the next thing - whatever it may be - even if that is breathing. In the Bible, when the Israelites were wandering, God gave them manna each day for that day (except twice on Friday for Sabbath). He had them rely on Him daily.

2. Grieve. The fact that you loved him and now he is gone is going to cause you to grieve. You may be fighting anger and questions and doubt everything you ever knew right now. That is natural, let it run its course but do not let it run your life. There are times to 'be strong' for the sake of others, but you need to grieve. It gets ugly sometimes with the crying and hopeless feelings. It is part of healing, so allow it to happen. Even if it's when you are behind closed doors and you completely lose it. Let it rip. Grieving helps you heal. IT TAKES TIME. You won't ever get completely over your loss, but - and this may sound uncaring at this time, but you will laugh again. Someday. There is hope.

2. a. Grief is too heavy to bear by yourself. Find someones to help you carry it. Your wife, friends, family.

3. Higher power. We read scripture and prayed like never before. God will reveal Himself and bring you 'the peace that passes understanding.' Soak up His words. Remember, He when He created the world, it was good, good, very good. It wasn't until sin entered the world that it started going downhill and death came into the world. God is able and He wants you to lean on Him.

If I can be of any help to you, please feel free to message me.
Thanks brother. We are all still in the shock phase. Our support network of family and friends has been such a blessing.
He is the Prince of Peace for a reason, and we certainly will keep that in our hearts.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Man, I’m sorry. Your pain is shared by more than you know right now. Don’t know what else to say.
You will see him again.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
I had a good friend take his life five years ago this past June 29th. That was one of the most difficult things to go through in my life. I'm a Dad to two boys. I can't imagine the pain you're dealing with. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prays.

bomanishus

Mar 17, 2009
Thanks brother. We are all still in the shock phase. Our support network of family and friends has been such a blessing.
He is the Prince of Peace for a reason, and we certainly will keep that in our hearts.
Good point about the shock phase. It may last for months - mine lasted for three solid months and when it wore off, I hit rock bottom and did not know why. Knowing that this will happen is important.

DawgInCO

Mar 3, 2008
Lost our daughter to suicide 5 years ago. She was 34. It is the toughest thing we deal with every day. It gets tougher every year. The fathers day/mothers day weekends are the worst to get through. Our prayers are with you.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Thoughts and prayer for you and yours. You're absolutely right. The most difficult thing.

It never goes completely away but it does get easier. I wish you well, peace be with you, and God Bless.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Good point about the shock phase. It may last for months - mine lasted for three solid months and when it wore off, I hit rock bottom and did not know why. Knowing that this will happen is important.
I hit it immediately and stayed on the bottom for quite a while. Up to recently, it was all compartmentalized. 4 years out, and I'm a lot better to reflect when people ask.

• Sad
Reactions: patdog

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Peace to you.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
May God be with you and your family. Having lost our son at 35, we are all too familiar with the devastating, gut wrenching, grief you are experiencing. It takes your heart from you. Realize you are not alone and also understand that you will feel better.…just not now. When?
Everyone is different. Seek help from your doctor and/or priest. Feel free to message me if you want to talk in complete confidence. You are in my prayers.

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
I lost my niece/god daughter to phentanayl 2 months ago, 19 year old college freshman. Thought many times if one of mine, don't know if i could overcome.

• Sad
Reactions: patdog

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
I lost my niece/god daughter to phentanayl 2 months ago, 19 year old college freshman. Thought many times if one of mine, don't know if i could overcome.
I understand. Crystal meth is what, or the not being able to let it go, got mine.

Reactions: tbaydog

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
I'm so sorry for those of you experiencing these sorrows. My condolences and prayers are with you.

To those here living with a friend or family member in active alcoholism or addiction, or if you've lost someone from either, consider reaching out to your local Al-anon community here: link. They have experience, strength, and hope to share with those walking this difficult path. They've been in that hole before and will jump in and help you walk out to some peace again.

I wish you all the best.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
I'm so sorry for those of you experiencing these sorrows. My condolences and prayers are with you.

To those here living with a friend or family member in active alcoholism or addiction, or if you've lost someone from either, consider reaching out to your local Al-anon community here: link. They have experience, strength, and hope to share with those walking this difficult path. They've been in that hole before and will jump in and help you walk out to some peace again.

I wish you all the best.
Thank you

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Sending prayers your way!

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
So sorry to hear about your loss. May God's peace and comfort help you grieve and heal during this most trying time.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Praying for you and your family. I hope y'all come to terms with his decision. My cousin committed suicide and that has been the toughest part of her death for us to resolve.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Prayers. If there’s any practical way that I can help DM me.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login