OC vs. AD

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
In the never ending discussions of who will become either of these, I find myself more concerned with the AD hire than the OC. With the new landscape of college sports, we really need to hire a forward thinking person that can bring us into the current age college sports, especially football. If we miss on that hire, I fear that it will have much greater and longer lasting effects on our sports programs going forward. We have not been relevant in the new age of college football since 2014, which feels like ages ago at this point. We're just not exciting or flashy in any way, and are ultimately very forgettable. I just want someone that will make us at least somewhat of destination for players and future coaches. Anybody else feel this way, or I am on an island and worrying about the wrong thing entirely?

Reactions: drumrcraig

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
I would add that despite knowing my immediate boss, if I am interviewing for a job I do typically want to have some idea what the boss's boss is like.

This isn't a typical circumstance, I know, nor a typical work hierarchy. But the uncertainty certainly can't be helping.

This whole OC search absolutely feels like the one-step-forward, two-steps-back Mississippi State experience I grew up with.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login