Of all the possible scenarios

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
I ask yesterday what our team BA is in the discussion about what is the main problem with MBB. No one responded. I think BA speaks for itself....it is the problem.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I noted this last year in one of the series I went to on the board that the opposing team was batting a good .100 or more than us sometimes a good .200 per batter

Reactions: Old Dawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Right. Seems like every hit is right to the second base or shortstop. They did much better today. Imo against teams like we are currently playing we should be hitting similar to today. Maybe it will come around

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Hitting wasn’t an issue yesterday. It will improve (fingers crossed). I get as frustrated as some of you that for nearly three years, we steady hit like we always do into a shifted infield. At A&M, Scholossneigel always practices beating the shift, daily. We apparently don’t, because we aren’t going to change come hell or high water.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Hitting wasn’t an issue yesterday. It will improve (fingers crossed). I get as frustrated as some of you that for nearly three years, we steady hit like we always do into a shifted infield. At A&M, Scholossneigel always practices beating the shift, daily. We apparently don’t, because we aren’t going to change come hell or high water.
Hard to beat the shift. Not even sure how you practice beating the shift minus laying down bunts. Hard to get those big lefties to buy into doing so, not just here, everywhere... and not really sure I want to see Hunter Hines legging out bunts. Thats why they had to outlaw it at the MLB level. I would guess it isnt far away from being removed from the college game as well.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The problem I see with hitting is, in the games we have scored a lot of runs, it's always been late in the game after we're into a bad team's bullpen. Not many runs against the starters.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The problem I see with hitting is, in the games we have scored a lot of runs, it's always been late in the game after we're into a bad team's bullpen. Not many runs against the starters.
was going to say the exact same things. Seems like we pile on basically after the other team has waved the white flag and are throwing their bottom of the barrel arms

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I ask yesterday what our team BA is in the discussion about what is the main problem with MBB. No one responded. I think BA speaks for itself....it is the problem.
Team average after yesterday is .278 Opponents are hitting .255 against us

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
.268 is great in the major leagues. Not so much in college where you can hit a double into the gap off the bat just above your fists. Austin Peay's leadoff man hit over .400 for the past 2 years. I don't care if you are SEC or mid-major, .400 plus is hard to do and he did it back to back years. Our evaluation has to get better.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login