Of course the NCAA when given the opportunity...

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
... decides to do the wrong thing. I mean... we'll let players transfer over a coaching change, but not so a kid can be closer to his ailing mother.

Obviously, I don't know the whole story and there could be more behind it, but outside looking in, this seems like a situation where you let the kid play out the last season of his career close to home.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
... decides to do the wrong thing. I mean... we'll let players transfer over a coaching change, but not so a kid can be closer to his ailing mother.

Obviously, I don't know the whole story and there could be more behind it, but outside looking in, this seems like a situation where you let the kid play out the last season of his career close to home.
I’m afraid the NCAA may be on borrowed time. The NIL crap seems like a half-hearted, it not totally lame-brained, attempt to stay relevant. But I think it’s opened up Pandora’s box. The big boys won’t feel the need to listen to them before long.

Sad to say, but if the SEC goes away, many of us will be feeling like Washington State must be feeling right now.

Reactions: Dawgg

patdog

May 28, 2007
Depends on what the medical condition is. Maybe he legitimately did come home because his mom needs him. Or maybe he just wanted to transfer to FSU and they're using some minor issue to try to get a waiver. I always take these stories with a grain of salt.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008

He can hang out in Tallahassee on FSU's dime, and then go pro. He just can't play.

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login