Of our current players in the NFL - who makes the HOF

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Chris Jones HOF got me thinking.

I think Jones, Cox, Simmons. Slay has an outside shot. Dak has to at least get to a Super Bowl to have a shot.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
If Dak wins a SB, he'll go in. He has many more year to play.

Will be a tall order for Slay (IMO), but it he gets in a SB and has a big play at a crucial time, he could most certainly make it.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Winning or even getting to a Super Bowl isn’t necessary if you put up the numbers. Dak can certainly get in without one if he stays consistent.

Reactions: Dawgg

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I think Jones & Cox are in already. Simmons is trending that way, he's dominate. But, it would help if he could get into some higher visibility games. It's tough to grab eyeballs in the AFC South.

Dak, Slay, EJinkins and Sweat all headed for the Hall of Very Good.

Charles Cross could work his way into this discussion too.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Fletcher is just waiting the required time after retiring. Chris Jones has the stats and the rings, he just needs a few more productive years. Jeff Simmons is on the path also. Charles Cross may have a better chance that Dak or Slay. Dak probably has to get to a Super Bowl.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012

I think Jones, Cox, Simmons. Slay has an outside shot. Dak has to at least get to a Super Bowl to have a shot.
Cox is so well respected by his coaches, teammates and opponents, seems like the only no-doubter on the list. Jones is fast moving into that space.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Dak has a great chance to make it somewhere down the line…. Be it as a player, coach, whatever. He’ll be affiliated with the NFL for 40+ more years.

He’s had some prolific seasons, and that 17ing ankle injury he had in his best season at that point was a killer.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Dak has a great chance to make it somewhere down the line…. Be it as a player, coach, whatever. He’ll be affiliated with the NFL for 40+ more years.

He’s had some prolific seasons, and that 17ing ankle injury he had in his best season at that point was a killer.
Has Dak ever gone on the record about becoming a coach after retirement? Would love to see that

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016

We will see on Dak…as in, if Romo makes it, Dak will as long as he continues to do what he has done the last 5 years.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Dak will have to at least get closer to a Super Bowl. Maybe not win, but at this point he hasn’t even made a conference championship game. No way he makes it if he can’t even get through a couple of playoff rounds.

Reactions: HuntDawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think Jones is Guaranteed. He has been part of how many Super Bowl team and the leader on those defenses. He has really good numbers. Everyone who semi follows NFl knows the name.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Winning or even getting to a Super Bowl isn’t necessary if you put up the numbers. Dak can certainly get in without one if he stays consistent.
Dak must have at least 1 or 2 first team all-pro seasons / MVP seasons. That’s the only way he gets in without a Super Bowl ring. Without those accolades, he needs multiple Super Bowl wins….not just one. It’s not impossible, but its going to be a tall order for him. At age 30, he’s never done any of those three things, which kind of puts him behind the 8-ball.

Couple of reference points:

1) Philip Rivers. Most consider him not HoF worthy. Rivers had 0 MVP’s, 0 First Team AP selections, 0 SB wins, 0 SB appearances, 8 Pro Bowl selections.

2) Matt Ryan. Again, not considered HoF material. Ryan actually won an MVP and was AP1 at QB that same year. Has a SB appearance. 4 Pro Bowls.

Dak’s 0-fer on everything but the Pro Bowl. He has 4 of those. He simply has a ways to go. It’s very, very difficult to make the HOF as a QB….as it should be. Only 21 QB’s in over 100 years of pro football have made it in. And knowing you have Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, and Brees all as shoe-ins from his era is going to only make it that much more difficult for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: kired
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login