Official 2024 PSU - Bowling Green game thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
The 2024 home opener for PSU. It's always good to be back in Beaver.

I need to start this early.

Please use this thread to discuss the PSU - Bowling Green game. As a reminder, please use the quote function when responding to a post. And if possible, please include the game score and time left in which quarter after a team scores.

We Are ...

- hoping that rain is not around during the game
- not a big fan of Bowling Green's head coach
- curious about what adjustments PSU will make between games 1 & 2
- expecting the Blue & White to win the game

... Penn State!!!

Reactions: LionJim

Big_O

Oct 12, 2021
I put on my Penn State and will put on the loser (BGSU) hat. My daughter went to BGSU, that is until her entire department left so she transferred and graduated from the devil school, aka duhO$U. BGSU is a somewhat small university and actually was too small for my daughter, having attended every arts festival at PSU since she was an infant until she started at BGSU and was used to a large campus. Her college cost about $150K less than if she had attended PSU, where she was accepted to the UP campus.

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021
Looks like the 12 noon start has its effect again on the team. Slow to the ball and one step behind in every aspect.

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
Gotta credit that QB for those two throws early -- down the middle to the TE that the safety just missed and the back shoulder throw to the 10 on Cam Miller, who had it covered really well. Looks like we might be in for a little bit more of a scrap than we thought.

Reactions: SleepyLion

PrtLng Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Better figure out a way to get some pressure on the BG QB. Does Tom Allen have any blitz packages like Manny did?

Metal Mike

Oct 28, 2021
I live in Delaware and have Comcast. The guide had PSU vs BG on the Big Ten Channel (855) but this channel is showing Rutgers. Where is the PSU game?

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
I live in Delaware and have Comcast. The guide had PSU vs BG on the Big Ten Channel (855) but this channel is showing Rutgers. Where is the PSU game?
They have overflow channels, dont have Comcast so cant tell you

jp3272

Dec 26, 2021

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
Cam Miller showing on these first 2 drives that he's the #3 CB. Why in the world did Harris not start? He was out there on the 3rd & 1 play but him and Kimber should be the two starters.

Meanwhile, I think I'd have gone for it if I were BG. We haven't really stopped them yet and how many more times are you gonna have the chance to punch one in?

Calabrin

Oct 16, 2022
I fully expected that BG would not be able to stop our offense.

what I did not expect was BG to easily carve up our defense.

Calabrin

Oct 16, 2022
Cam Miller showing on these first 2 drives that he's the #3 CB. Why in the world did Harris not start? He was out there on the 3rd & 1 play but him and Kimber should be the two starters.

Meanwhile, I think I'd have gone for it if I were BG. We haven't really stopped them yet and how many more times are you gonna have the chance to punch one in?
Yup. Definitely should have gone on 4th and 1. No guts.

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021
our soft coverage is making BG's QB look like Joe Montana.... not getting any type of pressure on him from our front four at all.

Reactions: Psu00