Official DWS capacity......

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
....is now 59,337. The Balconies took away about 2000 seats. My guess is that it will drop even further if we go to an all lower bowl chairback seating. Probably somewhere between 50,000 and 54,000. I think that's ok for the short term. Probably have to raise season ticket prices considerably to offset the temporary budget loss. Now if we go through with the full SEZ expansion....that should bring us back up to around 60-63K and with much nicer amenities. Then when the west side expansion is done, hopefully the upper decks will expand out to the initially-planned size and add back a couple thousand seats. My final estimate is we will have a very nice stadium of about 65K. That should be perfect for our sized fanbase.

Last edited:

CoastTrash

Aug 22, 2012
I’d pay good money to sit on a bucket at the new dude and watch football via the video board. Please make it happen.

Reactions: aTotal360

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
....is now 59,337. The Balconies took away about 2000 seats. My guess is that it will drop even further if we go to an all lower bowl chairback seating. Probably somewhere between 50,000 and 54,000. I think that's ok for the short term. Probably have to raise season ticket prices considerably to offset the temporary budget loss. Now if we go through with the full SEZ expansion....that should bring us back up to around 60-63K and with much nicer amenities. Then when the west side expansion is done, hopefully the upper decks will expand out to the initially-planned size and add back a couple thousand seats. My final estimate is we will have a very nice stadium of about 65K. That should be perfect for our sized fanbase.
If there’s one thing I know about college athletics, it’s that they are never going to do any form of perceived seating upgrade without taking what you think it should cost and tripling it.

If we really do go through with chair back installation on the lower west side along with FINALLY splitting the mile long rows with a walkway, get ready for those 17ers to jump from a $400 contribution to $1000 or more. I’m not knocking our admin, it’s just the world of college athletics. Nobody’s lifting a finger unless they think they’ll be able to suck more $$$ out of the fanbase

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We're less than 500 tickets away from selling out season tickets. We aren't shrinking our attendance anytime soon. We'll add seats and premium seating in the SEZ next couple years. As well as add suites on the west side (already planned). Then, we'll probably start with some things. I think they want to be about 55K plus premium stuff but we'll see. Hard to cut out money by reducing seating when it's selling.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
We're less than 500 tickets away from selling out season tickets. We aren't shrinking our attendance anytime soon. We'll add seats and premium seating in the SEZ next couple years. As well as add suites on the west side (already planned). Then, we'll probably start with some things. I think they want to be about 55K plus premium stuff but we'll see. Hard to cut out money by reducing seating when it's selling.
That “less than 500 season tickets” is a bit misleading. Go look at the individual ticket purchase option and search by seat and you’ll see plenty available. They just aren’t available to purchase as season tickets any more due to unavailability of some games. I’m guessing the combination of LSU, Bama, and OM at home has a good bit to do with it.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If they go to all chair backs, I don't think tickets prices would go up, but the bulldog club contribution probably would.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Is there enough room on the 100 and 200 level of the west side to retro fit luxury seating such as a club level and skyboxes? Maybe you can add some square footage off the back (west) of the existing structure? But then you'd have to build supports in the middle of a major road on the west of campus.

Anyways, we shall see how the Hump retro fit turns out. But I'd rather see &tate drop that west upper and 200 level and start over. Build something new and first class there. Similar to the North EZ loge, suites and scoreboard club except goal to goal obviously.

Then you can build a SEZ years later with balconies or Tents or whatever gimmick they come up with.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
They're adding suites/premium seating to the west side probably starting next year (can't remember). Eliminating press box etc. Pretty sure that's the next big project.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I'm aware of what Cohen mentioned regarding west side renovations. That seems cheap, short sighted to retro fit rather than rebuild.
Hopefully a different AD has a bigger bolder plan for the west side.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Is there enough room on the 100 and 200 level of the west side to retro fit luxury seating such as a club level and skyboxes? Maybe you can add some square footage off the back (west) of the existing structure? But then you'd have to build supports in the middle of a major road on the west of campus.
Anyways, we shall see how the Hump retro fit turns out. But I'd rather see &tate drop that west upper and 200 level and start over. Build something new and first class there. Similar to the North EZ loge, suites and scoreboard club except goal to goal obviously.

Then you can build a SEZ years later with balconies or Tents or whatever gimmick they come up with.
For sure the West side complete renovation will occur before the SEZ project. I've heard that from several credible sources. When I quoted a final capacity of 65,000.....that was the final future amount. I just don't ever see us going over that capacity.....even if ZA won the SEC Championship. There's barely 3 million residents in Mississippi.....just not enough to support 3 D1 schools attendance.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Is it really a loss? How much of the potential lost capacity is either unsold of sold of as part of a $49 4-pack special, or mini-plan where 2 of the 3 games are basically free?
The loss of one ticket is a loss no matter who buys it or not.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
We don’t need 65k. The only time it is needed is to accommodate 10-15k Bama and LSUx fans and frankly we don’t need them.

I’d rather see the faculty section empty than it be full of loser bandwagon Roll Tiders.
As someone suggested a few weeks ago, require the faculty tickets to be accompanied by their faculty ID for stadium entrance. Can’t remember who suggested it, but that is a great solution for faculty members that don’t appreciate their cheap tickets and habitually flip them to opponents to turn a profit.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login