Official PSU - Illinois 2024 game thread

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
not a troll...just very sick and tired of D offsides, personal fouls and blocks in back when there was zero reason for it...things like that will cost you games, IF they can clean up these MENTAL mistakes, they will be fine, heck more than fine,...so STFU
The coaches will fine tune the defense as the season progresses.
One step at a time, that's what the OOC games are for.
The defense played pretty good tonight.

Lionville

Oct 19, 2021
The coaches will fine tune the defense as the season progresses.
One step at a time, that's what the OOC games are for.
The defense played pretty good tonight.
I hope they play good out of the gate going forward and stop the other team on their first drive.

Reactions: step.eng69

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
PSU last night: 43 carries for 241 yards, 5.6 yards per carry

Allar fed Singleton and Allen all night long, and they got the runs.

Reactions: CbusLion

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
And letā€™s not forget that Franklin canā€™t beat a ranked team, then he does and it wasnā€™t by enough. Some folks need to find a different hobby.
I believe you meant top 10 teams. Franklin's teams have had problems beating top 10 teams.

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
I'll say this much -- the offensive line has been kickass all night tonight. For all the crap we've given Trautwein over his tenure, I think he's got this group going at a high level.
I have to think Trautwine must be a good coach to still be there.

Reactions: Classof09

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
PSU last night: 43 carries for 241 yards, 5.6 yards per carry

Allar fed Singleton and Allen all night long, and they got the runs.

And only 21 pass attempts (we didnā€™t need more). If yo go back 3+ decades, when we typically had 20-25 pass attempts we would have had over 50 rushing attempts. Just shows how TV screws up the game.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
I believe you meant top 10 teams. Franklin's teams have had problems beating top 10 teams.
No I mean ranked teams, at least thatā€™s what I read on hereā€¦he turtles up (whatever the hell that means). The top 10 teams are almost exclusively OSU and Michigan, so not really a problem with top 10 teams, just those two.

Oct 12, 2021
How do you guys know who has multiple names? Iā€™ve been on here for over 10 years and still canā€™t tell who is who, sometimes.
I don't pay attention to the board the way I used to, but the poster in question (renown for his sardonic wit and lack of restraint that eventually leads to a timeout) is someone with whom I've communicated on this board many times over the years. It's an easy one. He's quite a character. :)

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
I give the D credit. Theyā€™ve been a different unit in the second half this season. Last night continued that.

FG kicking is a worry. I donā€™t understand in this day and age how a big program canā€™t get an average kicker via the portal each year.

There are still some things to clean up on offense but it was good too see PSU impose its will on the ground and not totally overthink things.

Reactions: LionsAndBears

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
This game went about the way I expected; Illinois is better than the spread but not by much - they weren't going to be much of a threat unless a lot of things went their way. Defense was fun the watch in the second half, especially the 4th QTR (I much prefer Carter at the LB spot; think he's far more effective there). The O is nearly there but they need to STOP THE PRIBULA/WARREN AT QB PACKAGE. It makes no sense and disrupts the team momentum. I do not think UCLA is very good but can't overlook them for USC, which is likely the key to our playoff hopes.

SouthHalls410

Oct 27, 2021
Was at the game with family. Regarding the kicks: it looked like on the first miss that the snap was very flat and low. The noise was crazy unreal~ we had tickets given to us and were seated 2 rows from the field at the 30. Awesome experience. Saw LaVar. He has so much love and passion. He talks to the players too on the sideline. Also: wish they wouldā€™ve done a bigger honor for the 94 team. Gosh they were special.

• Love
Reactions: LionJim

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021
And #7 wins the award for dumbest penalty ever for a PSU football player.
He had Carter in front of the player he pushed in the back, silver medal goes to Carter for another offsides.

To counter the bad Nick Singleton's crushing block and follow up booming run finish, and Warren's end zone dive.

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
Letā€™s just say the dumbest penalty I have ever seen from a PSU football playerā€¦ thank goodness we still scored on the ensuing drive.
Because PSU scored the TD anyway, the penalty actually helped run some extra minutes off the clock. With those extra minutes, ill may have scored a second TD in their comeback attempt.

Still a stupid penalty to take.

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
not a troll...just very sick and tired of D offsides, personal fouls and blocks in back when there was zero reason for it...things like that will cost you games, IF they can clean up these MENTAL mistakes, they will be fine, heck more than fine,...so STFU
You only post when you can whine or complain. So yes, you are a troll.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
I smell 3 consecutive losses ahead.

We don't match up well with USC's tall receivers (L1)

Wisky is getting better each week and we are in Madison (L2)

Ohio State. Big Game James for the trifecta (L3)

What you smell is your uncontrollable flatulence.

That's why your relatives make you wear ...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login