Oh good, law and order is on the way.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...es-florida-state-football-nil-rule-violations

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
SCOTUS gonna punch the NCAA in the nuts again. Can’t tell somebody who can pay them NIL.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm still wondering what FSU did that all the other schools are not doing with NIL.
Apparently if you give the player & NIL each others phone numbers, that’s ok. But heaven forbid you drive the player to the meeting. Ridiculous.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Are folks really crying for FSU because they lost like 2 scholarships from a half million dollar offer (give or take) from a booster directly to a player?

This is a “hey, your tag expired last week but just take the receipt with you to court and they’ll waive it” treatment from the NCAA. Yet another nothing-burger from them.

Reactions: patdog

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Wait… let’s don’t bury the lead here… the NCAA just disassociated the ENTIRE Florida State NIL collective.

They treated the entire collective like a single booster and told it to GTFO for one year.

Wow.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They are going to start pointing figures at many other universities for this same rule violation. You know it's going on. I will give the NCAA credit for trying to put a lid on some of this stuff. They see it is out of control.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Wait… let’s don’t bury the lead here… the NCAA just disassociated the ENTIRE Florida State NIL collective.

They treated the entire collective like a single booster and told it to GTFO for one year.

Wow.
I thought I read somewhere this wasn't their main collective.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
This is the probably the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen the NCAA do, and that’s saying a lot.

So Michigan is fine to steal signs and cheat and win a national title in the same year, but FSU is dinged for giving a ride to a meeting that was going to happen regardless. Per Charlie Baker: “Nobody can say Michigan didn’t earn their title fair and square.” WTF. Hell, some collectives have their offices in the same building as the AD, athletic support staff. And from what little I’ve read, it’s probably due to FSU cooperating with the investigation- had they not, they probably get away with it.

Just make it make sense. Please put someone with some sense over this mess.

Reactions: uptowndawg

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
So how long before the P5 (P4?) commissioners decide to disassociate from these NCAA idiots and create a system that actually makes sense and is sustainable? I would say maybe 2-3 years.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I thought I read somewhere this wasn't their main collective.
Even if it was, I feel like there’s nothing stopping them from dissolving that collective and starting a new one. At most, they’d need to, what? Change out some of the officers? Harder to enforce against a random LLC than an individual.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login