Ok cocksuckers... COACH, FISHDICK, SPD, Tillo, Extreme

HighPointDawg

Feb 9, 2005
All you boys that were just going OFF on how Stans is the worst coach in the NCAA because Oregon was nailing the 3's in the 1st half ..it's time to show some consistency...

You said it was Stans FAULT that Oregon was hitting threes in the first half.. so it MUST BE STANS coaching that Oregon went 1-17 in the 2nd half (as of 35 sec left) right? I need you to tell me how it Stansbury had nothing to do with them not making shots in the 2nd half but it was his fault in the 1st.. Also let me know how Barry going "o-fer" in period one but hitting big shots in period two is his fault too...

Stans played zone because we have NO depth and had to rest our starters some in the first half...

HighPointDawg

Feb 9, 2005
All you boys that were just going OFF on how Stans is the worst coach in the NCAA because Oregon was nailing the 3's in the 1st half ..it's time to show some consistency...

You said it was Stans FAULT that Oregon was hitting threes in the first half.. so it MUST BE STANS coaching that Oregon went 1-17 in the 2nd half (as of 35 sec left) right? I need you to tell me how it Stansbury had nothing to do with them not making shots in the 2nd half but it was his fault in the 1st.. Also let me know how Barry going "o-fer" in period one but hitting big shots in period two is his fault too...

Stans played zone because we have NO depth and had to rest our starters some in the first half...

MaverickAG

Feb 8, 2005

</p>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
I thought we ran with them too much in the first half. That being said, we played at a great tempo there in the second half. They hit some shots early and didn't late. We gave them a few too many possessions early, but it wasn't as if they were hitting wide open shots. They are a good 3 point shooting team, it happens. But, in the second half we played some fantastic halfcourt defense, the best we've played in a while. Stans did a good job of keeping the team from freaking out. They never gave up or pressed. They kept playing hard and eventually overcame the deficit and then built a lead. That was impressive. Stans did a good job in the second half and my hat is off to Rhodes for taking the team on his back when the rest of the team was struggling thereby keeping us in striking distance.</p>

Oct 14, 2007
if we have no depth at this point in the season, who's fault is that? Because depth is developed over the course of a season. We were due to catch a team going cold from 3 after the last few games. The gripe is that we consistently have inconsistent shooters. That boils down to recruiting, but that's another argument. aGAIN, I didn't say Rick was terrible, I said he was average. And until he breaks through to the Sweet 16, I'm sticking to my guns. Coaching is most important and manifests itself most in March. In March, we consistently fall apart. If you'll go dig up my post from last Saturday night, you'll see that I actually like Rick. I think he might be the best we can do. I'm certainly not part of the "Fire Rick" crew like Coach. I don't get my nuts off like Peaches on constantly harping on Rick being an average coach. It's merely observation & opinion I hold. Hell, I want Rick to prove me wrong. All he's got to do is get to the Sweet 16. It's not asking that much. Make all the excuses for him you will. But good programs and coaches sack up, take a bad situation, and find ways past it. We have yet to do that in the month of March. We just ***** about a "bad draw," "hot team," etc. In the words on Al Davis: Just win, baby!

HighPointDawg

Feb 9, 2005
I'm ONLY talking about how in the chat room you were going off on how Oregon's hot shooting and our poor shooting was directly related to Stansbury being an 'average' coach (your term). All I am saying is that it's funny how you posted literally one post every minute about how Stans sucks in the first half and as soon as we went on a run you and some others.. just quit posting.

We are an average team.. with little depth (although BJ had a good game)... People need to stop overreacting.

Oct 14, 2007
We were still zoning a 3-pt shooting team, which I thought was ridiculous. But since we were winning and they were ice cold, I decided there was no point in mentioning it. I'd rather be wrong and get the W than be right and have an L.

M

MsuD00D

I never said anything about Oregon making 3s. I was beyond disappointed that they were getting WIDE OPEN uncontested looks. Did you notice at the start of the 2nd half when **** Stains employed the 2-3 we gave up 4 wide open looks? Like I said then, luckily 2 were airballs. Also, did you notice what defense we were NOT playing when Oregon missed 15 in a row? Hmmm, what a coincidence.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Put the bong down highpoint...

I think it was a grat game for Rhodes and a pretty good effort by Stans and Randy Watson...

If J-Money can learn to play under control and Hans makes a shot we might can beat Memphis..

Go Dawgs...

HighPointDawg

Feb 9, 2005
I don't care if you bet or not... and I truly doubt that you did.

My point is that if you are going to bash the **** out of Stansbury at half for stuff out of his control then he should get credit when the SAME things go in his favor...

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
South Panola Dawg said:
if we have no depth at this point in the season, who's fault is that? Because depth is developed over the course of a season. We were due to catch a team going cold from 3 after the last few games. The gripe is that we consistently have inconsistent shooters. That boils down to recruiting, but that's another argument. aGAIN, I didn't say Rick was terrible<span style="font-weight: bold;">, I said he was average. And until he breaks through to the Sweet 16, I'm sticking to my guns.</span> Coaching is most important and manifests itself most in March. In March, we consistently fall apart. If you'll go dig up my post from last Saturday night, you'll see that I actually like Rick. I think he might be the best we can do. I'm certainly not part of the "Fire Rick" crew like Coach. I don't get my nuts off like Peaches on constantly harping on Rick being an average coach. It's merely observation & opinion I hold. Hell, I want Rick to prove me wrong. All he's got to do is get to the Sweet 16. It's not asking that much. Make all the excuses for him you will. But good programs and coaches sack up, take a bad situation, and find ways past it. We have yet to do that in the month of March. We just ***** about a "bad draw," "hot team," etc. In the words on Al Davis: Just win, baby!

So you are saying if he can beat the #1 seeded tigers he is a good coach but if he cant he is an average coach? That makes sense
</p>

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
not to mention Oregon had to come across the country to play...does that really make him a genius?</p>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
MsuD00D said:
I never said anything about Oregon making 3s. I was beyond disappointed that they were getting WIDE OPEN uncontested looks. Did you notice at the start of the 2nd half when **** Stains employed the 2-3 we gave up 4 wide open looks? Like I said then, luckily 2 were airballs. Also, did you notice what defense we were NOT playing when Oregon missed 15 in a row? Hmmm, what a coincidence.

Wow. You take our best coach and not only call him nicknames after a first round win over the 9 seed but you use a cuss word in that nickname. Nice job. Perhaps you should join Peaches in the Arkansas/LSU fanclub that likes acting like State fans.</p>

SnakePlissken

Feb 24, 2008
Coach34 said:
.does that really make him a genius?</p>

Not really but it makes you a dumbass for saying it was his fault for the first half and not giving him credit for the second.
</p>

Fletch Fletcher

Sep 25, 2006
[b said:
HighPointDawg[/b]]I don't care if you bet or not... and I truly doubt that you did.

I'm not here to debate whether Coach bet on the game or not, but the truth is nobody knows for sure who bet on what, so boasting of a bet on the internet essentially holds no water and no merit. Sorry Coach, but claiming you bet on the Dogs doesn't do anything to water the anti-Stans fire you have fanned for a long long time.</p>

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Stormrider81 said:
MsuD00D said:

Wow. You take our best coach and not only call him nicknames after a first round win over the 9 seed but you use a cuss word in that nickname. Nice job. Perhaps you should join Peaches in the Arkansas/LSU fanclub that likes acting like State fans.</p>

Not only a nickname, but a nickname that you would expect to hear from a 12 year old
</p>

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"I'm not here to debate whether Coach bet on the game or not, but the truth is nobody knows for sure who bet on what, so boasting of a bet on the internet essentially holds no water and no merit. Sorry Coach, but claiming you bet on the Dogs doesn't do anything to water the anti-Stans fire you have fanned for a long long time."

I posted way before gametime i bet heavy on us. I'm a happy camper, ***** all you want

Dec 8, 2006
I bet 12 year olds have more intelligent conversations than I've seen on this board in the last month, most of which Coach has been a big part of.

Please, for the love of God, stop the madness. Please, I beg you.

Fletch Fletcher

Sep 25, 2006
Not bitchin at all Coach, just saying that as an Anit-Stans poster, claimimg you bet on the Dogs does nothing but help your position. 1: if they lose you have an even greater reason to *****. 2: if they win you have an excellent defense for your critics. You're covered both ways! Kudos, CYA is one of my life lesson rules.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login