OK Corral

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
I don’t get it at all. What has that fool done ever to deserve even being mentioned in the same sentence as the heismann?
I'm running out of games to watch him play where he performs like anything more than just a serviceable SEC QB that can run. Oh and slide/fall down. Seen him overshoot many open WR's.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
He is better than an above average QB. Dude is a hell of a QB

Except he’s just not. Where are you seeing this stuff? You won’t hear his name mentioned more than being some random backup in the NFL, and he’ll be lucky if he gets that far.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
He is better than an above average QB. Dude is a hell of a QB
Based on what? Motor? He plays hard, got decent wheels, ok great. He’s pretty accurate most of the time, nice. He’s good, he’s above average.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Yeah....at times he seems real good and other times not that special. Tonight he wasn't special in my opinion. Or really the last 2 or 3 games. Early in the year he was tearing it up but not so much lately. He will look average at best Thursday night

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Except he’s just not. Where are you seeing this stuff? You won’t hear his name mentioned more than being some random backup in the NFL, and he’ll be lucky if he gets that far.

Yet most mock drafts have him as a top 10 pick. Back up QBs must be in high demand to go that high

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I’m not arguing the heisman deal. I was responding to the posts saying he was an above average QB at best

IPMdawg

Aug 22, 2012
I’ll be interested to see where he lands after some interviews and background checks.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
He would set, if he won it, quite a number of precedents I don't think the Heisman folks would care to be associated with. There is a reason he is at "Ole Miss". The main one is they were the only power 5 school that would actually take him. Do a little digging. He Makes Chad Kelly and Marshal Henderson look like saints.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
He would set, if he won it, quite a number of precedents I don't think the Heisman folks would care to be associated with. There is a reason he is at "Ole Miss". The main one is they were the only power 5 school that would actually take him. Do a little digging. He Makes Chad Kelly and Marshal Henderson look like saints.

This is correct and beyond that he’s just a decent QB

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
I don’t get it at all. What has that fool done ever to deserve even being mentioned in the same sentence as the heismann?

Seems like every year OM's quarterback is in the running for Heisman. I think they were even claiming Snead was a runaway candidate one year. I've said it before, if there's one thing I'm impressed with when it comes to OM, it's their ability to inflate their own egos and advertise their "greatness" to everyone else (though it does no good in the grand scheme of things). They really do know how to promote themselves and use every resource they can to look legit.

Last edited:

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
His arm is as strong as anyone, he's accurate, he looks off receivers and goes through multiple reads, he's won over his locker room, he plays hard, he's shown steady improvement each year....

Todd McShay has him #3 overall QB.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
You hate Mississippi, right? So share with us what you know? What did you dig up? Or are you like everyone else in this thread and your hatred blinds you. Corral is a really good college qb and will make millions in the NFL

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I agree about ole miss I propping up their players more than they should. But Corral is being listed as one of ten top QBs in next year’s draft. Not by ole miss fans, but by the folks who cover pro football for a living. A little different

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Hatfield…..respectfully sir…..it’s hate week. You need to get your head right.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
He will not win the Heisman. Bryce Young will win that. After Thursday night he probly won't win the Conerly either.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
I honestly think if anybody that had zero bias or preconceived notions watched the first 6-7 games of the season, they’d say that he was the best QB in the country. He was playing out of his mind. He’s got a monster arm, was a huge threat to run, especially in the red zone and was just orchestrating the offense at a high, high level. But he’s not been that player the last few games. The injury has obviously played a huge part, but I think losing all his weapons for a stretch has him out of sync, too. He’s not been practicing, and it shows. He’s not nearly as sharp as he was. But the kid is a competitor, and has given us everything he has.

Rogers has been the better QB the last few weeks. Around week 8 I thought Corral deserved the Heisman. Now? I just hope he can manage to get invited to the ceremony. If the Corral and Ole Miss offense that played last night shows up in Starkville Thanksgiving night, it’s going to get ugly.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
The Heisman is a 2 man race between Stroud and Young. Nobody else should even be mentioned at this point. Corral is just hanging on because of early season hype and in no way, shape, or form should he still be in the discussion. Whether it's his injury or lack of healthy players around him, Corral isn't even a top 4 SEC QB for the last 5 weeks.

Rogers, Young, Hooker, and Jefferson are all playing better right now.

As for the NFL? He has the arm talent, but that's just the ante to get in the league. It's all about processing information, work ethic, staying cool under pressure, and earning the respect of grown men. Above the neck stuff. Not sure where he is on all that now, but a couple of years ago he was light years away from being a good QB above the neck.

What little I have seen of him throughout the season reminds of Johnny Manziel and Chad Kelly. Running around like a chicken with his head cut off, but making plays. That's dynamic in college, but it's not a winning formula in the NFL for very many QB's.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
I agree about ole miss I propping up their players more than they should. But Corral is being listed as one of ten top QBs in next year’s draft. Not by ole miss fans, but by the folks who cover pro football for a living. A little different
In what has been widely considered the worst QB class in quite a while

Aug 3, 2019
He hasn't been the same since getting injured in the Tennessee game. He's not running the way he used to before that game. I would blitz him and cover his receivers tight.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
He had some great games against terrible opponents. His stats are very underwhelming against teams worth anything

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I honestly think if anybody that had zero bias or preconceived notions watched the first 6-7 games of the season, they’d say that he was the best QB in the country. He was playing out of his mind. He’s got a monster arm, was a huge threat to run, especially in the red zone and was just orchestrating the offense at a high, high level. But he’s not been that player the last few games. The injury has obviously played a huge part, but I think losing all his weapons for a stretch has him out of sync, too. He’s not been practicing, and it shows. He’s not nearly as sharp as he was. But the kid is a competitor, and has given us everything he has.

Rogers has been the better QB the last few weeks. Around week 8 I thought Corral deserved the Heisman. Now? I just hope he can manage to get invited to the ceremony. If the Corral and Ole Miss offense that played last night shows up in Starkville Thanksgiving night, it’s going to get ugly.

I watched Corral against Bama and he was pretty good. He wasn’t out of his mind or orchestrating anything impressive. KJ Jefferson looked better as far as playing Bama goes. KJ had 326 yards and three touchdowns, Corral had 200 and one. Rushing was poor for both. Corral has been phenomenal against bad defenses and above average against decent ones.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The Heisman is a 2 man race between Stroud and Young. Nobody else should even be mentioned at this point. Corral is just hanging on because of early season hype and in no way, shape, or form should he still be in the discussion. Whether it's his injury or lack of healthy players around him, Corral isn't even a top 4 SEC QB for the last 5 weeks.

As for the NFL? He has the arm talent, but that's just the ante to get in the league. It's all about processing information, work ethic, staying cool under pressure, and earning the respect of grown men. Above the neck stuff. Not sure where he is on all that now, but a couple of years ago he was light years away from being a good QB above the neck.

What little I have seen of him throughout the season reminds of Johnny Manziel and Chad Kelly. Running around like a chicken with his head cut off, but making plays. That's dynamic in college, but it's not a winning formula in the NFL for very many QB's.

He has talent. He does have an upside for the NFL's new favorite QB that can run a nd throw. I can't speak to the off field stuff and don't care but if it was a real concern he would not project as a first rounder. I understand the hate here.

This week I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire but I think he might have a future in the NFL with the right team.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
In the next couple of years Will Rodgers will accomplish what ole miss fans vainly hope Corral will do. Corral will lose both Heisman and Connerly trophies on Thursday nite.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008

Seems to be working for Lamar Jackson and josh Allen

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
In the next couple of years Will Rodgers will accomplish what ole miss fans vainly hope Corral will do. Corral will lose both Heisman and Connerly trophies on Thursday nite.

They changed the rules for the Conerly trophy this year to ensure Corral has the best shot at winning as all ballots have to be cast before the egg bowl. It is the biggest bush league bs crap I have every heard of and affects the integrity of the award.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login