OK, I'm gonna play AD for a min..

Dawg007

Jun 13, 2013
What would it take for you to pony up to NIL (>$1,000 per yr)?

Great product on the field?

Good benefits for the money contributed?

Confidence in the NIL organization for contributions?

Please list only 1 determining factor..

Others? List it out...

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
I’d have to be very very wealthy to even consider it. I’m talking Fishwater level income. That’s not happening.

If we could consistently put a good product on the field, one that’s actually entertaining, I might consider season tickets. As long as the entertainment value is low, I can find more worthy events for my disposable income.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I’d want hard figures on where the existing budget is being spent and where the NIL will be spent. Unless you are directly contracting a specific player to appear in ads how would you even know if your money is being well spent? From the outside it looks to me like the AD is already skimping on the recruiting budget so why should we contribute more?

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Bulldog club contribution, 4 football season tickets, and a parking pass is already $5,000+ Every year for more years than I care to remember. That’s it. There’s not going to be anything else from me.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Hope. People give more when there is hope.
This. Ole miss is more invested in NIL because they believe they have a coach that can get them a championship if they can get the players. Especially once the playoff is expanded to 12 teams. We haven’t seen that Leach can do that. Leach has also been pretty vocal against NIL so that doesn’t exactly make our fans rush to give money

Oct 17, 2022
This. Ole miss is more invested in NIL because they believe they have a coach that can get them a championship if they can get the players. Especially once the playoff is expanded to 12 teams. We haven’t seen that Leach can do that. Leach has also been pretty vocal against NIL so that doesn’t exactly make our fans rush to give money
This is false. Leach has said legalizing nil damages the college game which is true but now that he’s involved in it, he’s obviously participating as we have multiple players getting nil money. Booster money is where nil comes from. This is not to blamed on Leach or whoever else is the coach.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I’d have to be very very wealthy to even consider it. I’m talking Fishwater level income. That’s not happening.

If we could consistently put a good product on the field, one that’s actually entertaining, I might consider season tickets. As long as the entertainment value is low, I can find more worthy events for my disposable income.
Agree 100 percent with you on the first paragraph.

Second paragraph though, I’ve said this before: I doubt I’d consider buying season tickets again. Friends who I went to see games with no longer live in Starkville & it’s much more of a hassle for me to go by & be there by myself.

TLDR— It just isn’t fun for me anymore.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I’d want hard figures on where the existing budget is being spent and where the NIL will be spent. Unless you are directly contracting a specific player to appear in ads how would you even know if your money is being well spent? From the outside it looks to me like the AD is already skimping on the recruiting budget so why should we contribute more?
What this guy said. ^^^^. State needs to up their effort too.

I give a little to BIL. However I'm going to give all this more time to see where it goes. Also to see what happens in our recruiting and player retention. Before I give any more.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Agree 100 percent with you on the first paragraph.

Second paragraph though, I’ve said this before: I doubt I’d consider buying season tickets again. Friends who I went to see games with no longer live in Starkville & it’s much more of a hassle for me to go by & be there by myself.

TLDR— It just isn’t fun for me anymore.
I'm going to chime in here with you on this one and echo your comments. I will add that I don't even need tickets and because Ican go socialize outside the stadium and most like watch the game on a dish with a libation of my choice in hand.

For me, its about a form of return on investement (which has been more eloquently stated by others on SPS). If I'm going to invest money in MSU athletics (and I have previously), it will be directed and targeted to the programs that I want to see advanced at MSU (which for those of you who donate, know is possible).

I love MSU, worn the maroon and white as an atlhete there, and I will happily give back (and have given back) to the university in other ways (e.g. in-kind donations, etc.) not just hard cash that will be used to "throw more money" at the "problem" (whatever the that might be this week).

I applaud big donors who are benevolent to give to MSU because they have the means by which to do so and have a pure love of the university (as I hope that I have, as well), and I quietly chuckle to myself about donors who do so more to inflate their egos and get their pictures and news bits for social media, digital media, and whatever is left of the print media for political gain.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011

Others? List it out...
For me it would be a proven leader. No more hiring one of our own to save money and stay in the Starkville base. But look, imo our biggest problem is most of grads leave the state for greener pastures, find them and don’t give a lot back. I can say that because I live in TX and have been here for nearly 30 years. I’ve been an officer in the alumni association, and used to meet people all the time that gripe a lot about our team but don’t do anything to help. Yes there are some, and some of our biggest donors are out of state. But there are a lot that don’t. I’ve got family members that make well above average, that say “we’re same old state “, but don’t give a dime.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
NIL is here and ain't a damn thing we can do about it. Hopefully some type of salary cap comes into play so things don't get too far out of hand. Couldn't believe the 49ers packed their place today. NCAA sports is gonna rot if parity rules are not implemented.

Reactions: Croomonshrooms

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Others? List it out...
Personally, I don't think it's the every day fan they should be getting at. It's the businesses. Answer for that, incentivize it do that the businesses get a kick back for something.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014

Others? List it out...
you shillin' for &TATE?

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Personally, I don't think it's the every day fan they should be getting at. It's the businesses. Answer for that, incentivize it do that the businesses get a kick back for something.
They are the people who financially benefit from the football program so it makes sense that they would donate to BI and contract players for ads. To me that’s the purpose of BI given the description on the website. Getting ESPN on campus for ranked matchups gets more people in town and more national exposure for the local eateries. They usually do a story line on local businesses. Those businesses need talented star players for ads and for nationally ranked teams.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login