OK you soccer guys.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I have been watching some of the World Cup. First of all, I don't know the rules. I am watching these guys and one of two things come to my mind. Are they a bunch of candy asses or do they fake injuries to try and get a penalty on the other team? My grandmother use to hit harder than these guys. Shirley they are faking. One other thing: What's this yellow card for? Is there degree of penalties? Why do some of the penalties you get a free kick at the goal and some you just get free kick in? I really can't see the difference between the hits that causes penalties.

Im Serious GIF - GIFs

• Sad
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Yes, think of it like a flop in basketball

yes there are degrees of fouls
Small foul, they get the ball from that spot and play goes on
Medium foul, same but player gets yellow card
Egregious foul same but player gets red card and he's out (no sub allowed)

Any penalty in the big box around the goal results in penalty kick

two yellows anytime within 2 games is same as red card (I might be slightly off on that one)

Best I can tell if you tackle someone without actually hitting the ball it's a penalty, what constitutes small vs medium is about as consistent as holding flags. You'll know a red when you see one.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If you want to really get into soccer watch the real game, club soccer from Europe. That's the big leagues. Pick as league and a team and just watch. I prefer the English Premier League and Liverpool. The Spanish, German, and Italian leagues are pretty good too. International soccer is more of a circus than a competition.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login