Okay we barely beat Arkansas…..

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
The spread will give you an idea of what to expect when it comes out.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I agree but they are a terrible matchup for us. Especially if we aren’t at full strength with Tolu and DJ being hurt
They are a terrible match up if we play their game and don't play defense like we did in Oxfart. They want to play fast pace like Auburn. We have to play good defense and deliberate offense with high percentage shots. If we play the wife beaters brand of basketball it will be tough to win. This is a must win game.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I agree but they are a terrible matchup for us. Especially if we aren’t at full strength with Tolu and DJ being hurt

We had our best offensive game of SEC play in Oxford even with Tolu and DJ not being very effective. Difference in the game was turnovers and OM making a dozen three pointers.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Arkansas is a better team than Missouri and Arkansas have more talent that has given every team trouble, but I really don't think you can read into one game based on another game.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Auburn's pace of play is 70-75th nationally. Ole Miss is in the 240s. We are somewhere in the middle of that, closer to Ole Miss than we are to Auburn. In SEC games we are playing at virtually the same speed as Ole Miss.
What was the scores when we played in Oxford? They got us into a running game which took us out of our game plan. That's the only game I've watched them play so they will want to run against us to prevent our defense from being effective.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
The score was 86-82. The high totals weren't because the game was played at a fast pace. It was because they were 12-30 from three and because they only turned it over seven times. The 12 made threes and the 7 turnovers are both their best results of the year in those two areas.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Wait what? Tolu is hurt? When did he get hurt?

If you are just being general and saying he isnt at full strength due to being injured to start the season...he has averaged 16.1ppg and 8.2rpg since his return about 7 weeks ago. And that is on 60.8% shooting.
His FG% is higher than prior years, he is scoring more than prior years, and he is rebounding at the same rate. All this while playing the fewest minutes per game since coming to MSU(only slightly less).

Yeah he had only 8 points vs Arkansas. But he had 23 vs Bama and 19 vs UGA a few games ago. His prior 2 games to the Arkansas game were double-doubles.

Clarence McDougal

Nov 27, 2017
Mizzou this year is one of the most trash teams in recent memory in the SEC. Arkansas has had a down year, but Muss is one of the best coaches in the SEC. He had them playing well last Saturday and they have plenty of talent. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Tolu did seem 'off' on Saturday - he missed a lot of shot he'd normally make. That would have put him at ~16 or so and we win pretty comfortably.

He was also playing with 4 fouls late so the defense wasn't as tenacious as it normally would be. We gave up a lot of interior shots that I think they normally wouldn't make.

Oh also we can't seem to hit free throws to save our lives. That's not new.

GenDawg32

Feb 4, 2024
If we don’t fix our issues on screens it will also be a long night. We have to make sure we don’t leave them open. That’s how they make so many threes. Murray seems to be a little ahead of Hubbard

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We may win or lose. Even if we lose, we are not out of it by a long shot. Stay positive and focused.

GenDawg32

Feb 4, 2024
I just wish Tolu was right. He seems to disappear in big games and he cant let their skinny crappy post players impact his game. They outdo us in all but 1 position.

Reactions: stateu1

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
If we don’t fix our issues on screens it will also be a long night. We have to make sure we don’t leave them open. That’s how they make so many threes. Murray seems to be a little ahead of Hubbard
I mean…Murray is a junior and Hubbard is a true freshman.

Murray averages 14, 2.4, and 4.
Hubbard averages 15, 2.4 and 1.8

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
We should NOT lose to that team at home. We might not , but we SHOULD win by at least 8-12. I don't get all the woe is me stuff in this thread.

Reactions: bamabully

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I didn’t like the tone of the Monday presser.
Haven’t talked to the players.
Haven’t practiced.
Veteran group can do it by themselves.
Yikes.

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
If they can come into our gym and hit 12 threes, then they probably win again and you tip your cap.

Hitting 3s at the same rate on the road and at home is not common, however.

Reactions: patdog

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
It wouldn’t be Sixpack if the Ole Miss football team wasn’t compared to the New England Patriots and their basketball team was the Showtime Lakers.

State had every opportunity to win the game in Oxford and y’all act like they got blown out.

And I haven’t seen a line yet for tomorrow night but we will absolutely be favored. Probably anywhere between 5 and 10 points.

bamabully

Oct 31, 2015
What’s Tolu’s injury ?
Wait what? Tolu is hurt? When did he get hurt?

If you are just being general and saying he isnt at full strength due to being injured to start the season...he has averaged 16.1ppg and 8.2rpg since his return about 7 weeks ago. And that is on 60.8% shooting.
His FG% is higher than prior years, he is scoring more than prior years, and he is rebounding at the same rate. All this while playing the fewest minutes per game since coming to MSU(only slightly less).

Yeah he had only 8 points vs Arkansas. But he had 23 vs Bama and 19 vs UGA a few games ago. His prior 2 games to the Arkansas game were double-doubles.
Something clearly wasn’t right with tolu on Saturday against Arkansas

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
What’s Tolu’s injury ?

Something clearly wasn’t right with tolu on Saturday against Arkansas
His appearance has been an under upon every player/mTrix line upon every game. If he plays, expect a 10 and 10 at best. It’s up to our offsprings and fisher to deliver.
81-76 dawgs

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
His appearance has been an under upon every player/mTrix line upon every game. If he plays, expect a 10 and 10 at best. It’s up to our offsprings and fisher to deliver.
81-76 dawgs

Reactions: JackShephard
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login