Oklahoma state’s stadium

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
We should look to replicate what they have done in the end zone when we replace the seal building

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
We should look to replicate what they have done in the end zone when we replace the seal building

I'm watching it. They did it right. The one thing we can't do without sinking the field is get the fans THAT close to the sidelines. Dang that would be close for a Noxapater High School. For a Power Five College stadium that's insane. I like it.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
State should bulldoze the west side and rebuild similar to Ok State's sideline structure.

One level, 70 rows or so, with chairbacks, goal line to goal line. THen above, luxury and premium seating and press box, goal line to goal line.

fireworks4jeffy

Apr 28, 2015
That's their basketball arena in the end zone, Gallagher-Iba. For some reason, they built up the new structure before demolishing the old one.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
State should bulldoze the west side and rebuild similar to Ok State's sideline structure.

One level, 70 rows or so, with chairbacks, goal line to goal line. THen above, luxury and premium seating and press box, goal line to goal line.

The chairbacks are the right call. I’ve enjoyed chairbacks once. I will not go to another game that is not a chairbacks seat. The aluminum bleachers where you have to hug your neighbor and have knees in your back while seated just don’t appeal in the slightest.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
From Wikipedia:

“The structure of the new Gallagher-Iba Arena was built around the old arena during the basketball season to allow games to be played, essentially the new Athletics Center encapsulated the old gym. Once the exterior was nearly completed, the roof of the old arena was dismantled. The old sightlines and the original white maple floor were kept (it remains the oldest original basketball court floor still in use).”

Raiderdawg.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012

They did an interesting thing for the end zone build. It’s actually part of the basketball arena. They took the original Gallagher-Iba arena and built a sarcophagus around it (you can still see the original structure inside when walking through some areas) & integrated that into the football stadium upgrade.

It’s very nice. The luxury boxes are almost identical to the NFL boxes I have seen. They have incredible facilities in that building.

I don’t know if original or in the upgrade, but their bleachers are right on top of the sidelines. Much closer to the players/field than DWS.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
They did an interesting thing for the end zone build. It’s actually part of the basketball arena. They took the original Gallagher-Iba arena and built a sarcophagus around it (you can still see the original structure inside when walking through some areas) & integrated that into the football stadium upgrade.

It’s very nice. The luxury boxes are almost identical to the NFL boxes I have seen. They have incredible facilities in that building.

I don’t know if original or in the upgrade, but their bleachers are right on top of the sidelines. Much closer to the players/field than DWS.

It’s definitely a good look. I didn’t realize it was the basketball arena too. I just like the way it closes in the stadium and gives a good look. It’s something we should be able to replicate to a degree.

Feb 4, 2015
The biggest issue with our press boxes is they look old as crap and look 70ish. I do wished our upper decks on both sides were the same. I understand when they built the east side upper deck they went with the suites and modernized it but it looks nothing like the west side so DWS looks kinda pieced together and not uniform.

prdubya

Nov 29, 2017

This is the right answer. Have west side demolished and rebuilt. Lower level same size / shape as current but 100% chairback seating. Then 2-3 levels of club / chair back seats, then 3-4 levels of suites. No upper deck. Would look incredible. Most importantly the bottom level would be as open as the east side concourse.

For end zone where Seal Club is now, we should look at what Vandy has rendered for their end zone (it pained me to type that we should use Vandy as a reference!!) It looks like a mix of gridiron club and suites that would be pretty awesome.

https://vucommodores.com/vandy-united-campaign-renderings/

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login