old intramural fields

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
For those who went to State, do you know what I'm referring to when I say old intramural fields? When my older sister went to State and learned of the old intramural fields, she assumed that the people referring to them with that label had memories of using them as the current intramural fields. She eventually realized that no upperclassmen knew them as anything other than the old intramural fields their entire time at State. I was at State years later, and everyone knew them as the old intramural fields.

So, were they ever the current intramural fields and then became the old intramural fields? If so, what year? Is there any proof of this? Or is this another example of the Mandela Effect?

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
no idea, but they were known as the old intramural fields circa 2009-2013

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
For those who went to State, do you know what I'm referring to when I say old intramural fields? When my older sister went to State and learned of the old intramural fields, she assumed that the people referring to them with that label had memories of using them as the current intramural fields. She eventually realized that no upperclassmen knew them as anything other than the old intramural fields their entire time at State. I was at State years later, and everyone knew them as the old intramural fields.

So, were they ever the current intramural fields and then became the old intramural fields? If so, what year? Is there any proof of this? Or is this another example of the Mandela Effect?
I was there for the change. So late 90s. But yes we played rec flag football on the “old intramural fields”

Fishsqeezer

Jan 3, 2023

They were just behind Dorman in the 1980s
The one closest to Dorman was the lighted field
During the time we played the Iranians for all school championship soccer, let me say it was just after the Iranian hostage situation, it was something I’ll never forget, hundreds of people came out to watch, there were plenty of kegs , there were several Iranians fans too … it was intense

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Maroon13

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

We called them the intramural fields. Late 80’s-mid 90’s

Reactions: Maroon13

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I played on them 82-85. They are solid parking lots now except for what would have been the last 2 or 3 near the traffic light by vet school. There were no fences, base paths, etc just grass. Hopefully somebody from intramural dept would drop off some rubber bases, flags and belts, etc before games but not always. If not you used long white tube socks for flags tucked into your pants and crushed beer cans for home plate and bases. We always played softball just below what is The Fresh Market cafeteria now. Huge oak tree back then that shaded home plate and kept foul balls close is still there today.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
We used to lose every softball game down on the end lot because the ditch was only about 150 feet. Home run rule killed us.

topbulldawg

Jan 27, 2008
Do they still use the intramural fields that are across the road from where the softball intramural fields are/were?

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010

I'm thinking that might be where we (Mississippi State Rugby Club) used to play our games in the early-80's.

Reactions: garddog

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Rugby now plays in the field by tennis courts towards South farm. Enjoyed watching the matches this fall.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Rugby now plays in the field by tennis courts towards South farm. Enjoyed watching the matches this fall.
I'm not at all sure where we played our games back then, other than it was on campus and not far from where the football team practiced and/or dormed. I say this because I do remember we'd occasionally have a few football players stop by our field to watch a little. I recall a few of them thought we were nuts...playing without pads & helmets, etc.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login