Old School Jeff Brantley loves the new pitch clock

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I do too. There might be a tweak or two like the Mets game where Alonzo didn't run back to first after a foul ball by the batter. There has to be more time for the runner to get back to the base before the clock starts. But they will fix that.

It was always better to play defense behind a quick working pitcher. You were more ready to react. I think this clock will promote that.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012

“The thing is, I didn’t think I’d like it,” Brantley said in a phone conversation from Cincinnati, where he still broadcasts Reds games. “I thought it might rush the game too much. I thought it would change the rhythm of the sport. But after a full spring training and one regular season game I dan tell you, I absolutely love it.”

Who is Dan?

Not trying to be an a-hole critic, just thought you'd want to know. Good stuff as usual, Rick.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
“The thing is, I didn’t think I’d like it,” Brantley said in a phone conversation from Cincinnati, where he still broadcasts Reds games. “I thought it might rush the game too much. I thought it would change the rhythm of the sport. But after a full spring training and one regular season game I dan tell you, I absolutely love it.”

Who is Dan?

Not trying to be an a-hole critic, just thought you'd want to know. Good stuff as usual, Rick.
Fat fingered can

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login