Ole Dan Mullen to get a boost in win percentage

tribaldawg

Sep 1, 2012

MSU gets three L's taken away into no contest, I guess.
It still makes me sick to think about the somersaults the NCAA had to do to keep Cam Newton eligible when he and his dad did the same thing. Investigations that normally take years were all of the sudden done in two days. Then they gave a one-time pass saying Cam didn't know (even though he admitted he did) but they would never allow the pass again. I hate the NIL but appreciate the fact it stripped the NCAA of some of its power to play that type of favoritism.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
I guess even though the kid may not have not known about the payments to his dad they couldn't use that as an excuse since they closed the Cam Newton loophole (even though by Cam's own admission he knew about the money his dad was getting). It never ceases to amaze me the crap the NCAA will come up with to protect the people they want to protect.
Nothing can top the one where they didn't penalize Tennessee because the wire transfers to Tee Martin that were made public were from the WIFE of a booster and not from a booster. So, no violation.

Edit: Actually, the Cam Newton one is right up there with it. I'll call it a tie for most lame excuse by the NCAA not to call a violation a violation.

• Angry
Reactions: GomJabbar

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
We lost but they didn’t win. That makes SO much sense.

Thats like stealing a car and getting caught but instead of returning the car to the owner, they blow it up.

Last edited:

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

So explain to me again why MSU had to FORFEIT every win that Larry Gillard played in in the mid 70s because he got a 10% discount on a pair of pants and LSU get to just 'vacate' the wins.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The only time I've ever heard of vacated wins meaning anything to anybody was during the Bobby Bowden/Joe Paterno 'all time winningest' FBS record. They vacated a bunch of Penn State wins over the Sandusky thing, but they also vacated a bunch of FSU wins over some players that were involved in academic cheating.

I remember that Bobby Bowden interview. He said something to the effect of:
"Well, first of all, we gave them all F's, but for some reason, the NCAA wants to take 12 wins away from me. I don't like it, but I guess I ain't gonna die."

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
It's vacated, which plenty of people have pointed out doesn't take away MSU's losses, but on the bright side THEY GET TO CARRY THAT L FROM DAK PRESCOTT AND THE BOYS IN 2014 FOREVER.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
It's vacated, which plenty of people have pointed out doesn't take away MSU's losses, but on the bright side THEY GET TO CARRY THAT L FROM DAK PRESCOTT AND THE BOYS IN 2014 FOREVER.
...that is until the ncaa (or bracky) throws the book at us because Dakota reviewed a 10% off coupon from bed bath and beyond

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I remember this being a topic of discussion when Ole Miss had to vacate wins from Freeze’s tenure and it wasn’t like we suddenly won the 2014 Egg Bowl.

Anon1685243368

May 27, 2023

Yet in the 70’s, we were forced to take about 17 forfeits (not vacates) for playing one player whose eligibility was being challenged by the NCAssA. Rebs are still gleeful about that and joyfully point to the wider margin between us and them in FB (A 4-game swing in the series).

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
...that is until the ncaa (or bracky) throws the book at us because Dakota reviewed a 10% off coupon from bed bath and beyond
Damit, that's just great. You do know that the NCAA monitors these college boards looking for dirt. Expect a Letter of Inquiry on Bracky's desk early next week. **

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Demonstrably a discount applicable to everyone else, including your mother.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login