Ole Miss: 11 play stoppages for injury?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Didn't see most of the game, but just heard a question from the post-game presser and the reporter said there were 11 stoppages in play for Ole Miss players to be helped off the field. Four of those stoppages involved the same player, who apparently did the same thing against Wake and UK.

Eleven injury stoppages in one game for just one team is absolutely insane. Yes, players have always faked injuries, but 11 times in one game is absurd. Even more absurd is having 4 stoppages for a single player.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
Didn't see most of the game, but just heard a question from the post-game presser and the reporter said there were 11 stoppages in play for Ole Miss players to be helped off the field. Four of those stoppages involved the same player, who apparently did the same thing against Wake and UK.

Eleven injury stoppages in one game for just one team is absolutely insane. Yes, players have always faked injuries, but 11 times in one game is absurd. Even more absurd is having 4 stoppages for a single player.
They were faking injuries left and right, no question about it.

Reactions: SSIGamecock

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
Why can't this be addressed the way protecting the QB, targeting, OLineman not on the line of scrimmage, etc. has been a focus?
The offensive pass interference calls are getting wacky as well. We must lead the league.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Why can't this be addressed the way protecting the QB, targeting, OLineman not on the line of scrimmage, etc. has been a focus?
The offensive pass interference calls are getting wacky as well. We must lead the league.
I'm on it.....

I *LITERALLY* printed out my solution and am personally mailing it to Nick Saban at his office at Bryant-Denny tomorrow. It's a quite simple rule: Offense or Defense = If the refs have to stop the game for your injury, you cannot return to the game until their has been a score or change of possession. If that's one play and a fumble / change of possession.....fine, you can return. If it takes 15 minutes for there to be a change of possession, it is what it is.... you're out for 15 minutes. It's exactly like the "helmet coming off, must sit out 1 play rule." 1 play penalty won't stop the faking though.....sitting out an entire possession will.....

If you can hobble off the field without the refs stopping the game..... (a sub basically) .... you're fine, you may return the next play if you're ok.
Laugh all you want but I'm dead serious. Mailing it tomorrow. We should see the rule change sometime around 2045.... after he reads it. :)

ClassOf95

Joined Sep 30, 2001 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 19, 2022
It's shady and frustrating, however the league and officials seem to be perfectly okay with it. I hear announcers talking about it.

As I get older, I'm starting to believe this type of thing is ignored, or dare I say allowed, because it adds drama to the experience. I think the same about clearly bad officiating. I've never heard of an official being reprimanded / demoted for doing their job poorly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login