"Ole Miss is shown feeling the pain of this past week."

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Ole Miss baseball is just weird to me. It’s like sometime in the early 2000s they realized that State was at an elite level with regard to college baseball atmosphere and attendance, so they tried to replicate it, but in the most Ole Miss way possible. I watched the Saturday game of the State series this past weekend. Rubber match, in-state rival, record attendance game. No atmosphere whatsoever. That place wasn’t loud or rocking. And it’s like half the fans don’t realize that there’s an athletic contest being played in front of them, and the other half are ready to piss down their legs. Hell, USM averages half the attendance but is twice as loud.

But they throw beer on each other. Isn’t that neat?

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
That's exactly what it is. Before Bianco their general attitude towards baseball was "Nobody cares about baseball blah blah this is football country." When Bianco came along and they started experiencing success, they saw an opportunity to steal State's thunder, especially considering the shape State baseball was in around that time with Polk losing his edge. I said this in another comment, OM fans, particularly their baseball fans and even players, are like that drunk guy at a party that "knows" (thinks) he's the coolest and funniest guy there, but in reality he's just an annoying dip$#!t.

Last edited:

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
They treat sporting events more like social events. The results on the field are secondary. I know that's not unique to UM, but to them it just means more™.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login