Ole Miss thinking of not letting Kiffin coach?

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I do not buy that. As I understand things, and I could be wrong, to stop him from coaching could be tantamount to firing him. Which means they own him his buyout. Instead they let him coach, he leaves, and Auburn owes Ole Miss the buyout. No way they let that many millions of dollars swing on one game.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I do not buy that. As I understand things, and I could be wrong, to stop him from coaching could be tantamount to firing him. Which means they own him his buyout. Instead they let him coach, he leaves, and Auburn owes Ole Miss the buyout. No way they let that many millions of dollars swing on one game.
Without having ever read a complicated K such as this… I suspect he’s not “fired” until OM stops paying him.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Let Deuce coach? Danger, Will Robins... er, Will Rogers. That scenario has red/blue fairytale written all over it.

I'm extremely uncomfortable that this chaos backfires. The more confident the predictions of victory or even discussing the likelihood of beating them while they're in disarray, the tighter the knot in the pit of my stomach becomes.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I want him on the sideline. They lock him in a supply closet then the interim coach can rally the team to play and prove they don't need Lane to be good. If his cocky *** is on the sideline then there's a constant reminder of there's the guy that's quitting on you and walking away.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
So if they were to keep him from coaching, what's the likelihood that some of the players he intends to bring to Auburn get a case of the Powder Blue Flu and don't play either?

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Let Deuce coach? Danger, Will Robins... er, Will Rogers. That scenario has red/blue fairytale written all over it.

I'm extremely uncomfortable that this chaos backfires. The more confident the predictions of victory or even discussing the likelihood of beating them while they're in disarray, the tighter the knot in the pit of my stomach becomes.
A) Cadillac was actually on the staff when Harsin was let go. Deuce is busy with his broadcast career

B) I doubt State players are as plugged into the turmoil in Oxford as extremely online fans are. Hell, most players on the team have never beaten Ole Miss, so I don’t know why they’d be confident. All you gotta do is show the tape where they ran all over Arkansas.

C) Most State fans I’ve talked think we’re going to lose because Leach doesn’t care about the Egg Bowl.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I still think we will lose. On the road in the rain ? Not looking too promising. Hopefully the team is in a shambles and we can take advantage of the situation

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
That’s juicy if true. Chuck Rounsaville hints at it on the ole miss on3 site.

I hope they do it.. don’t see it though. If they do, that would highlight the absolute pettiness and vindictiveness that permeates that entire fanbase. Would be important the next candidates be forewarned of that.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
C) Most State fans I’ve talked think we’re going to lose because Leach doesn’t care about the Egg Bowl.
Leach doesn't care? Ths is the guy who took the sideline chairs away and threw them in a pile. I guarantee this coach cares. Maybe OM is no more important than any other game - I see that as a good thing. Too much emotion goes into the game and it only hurts State. The game needs to be only as important as any other game - Life and death important. Anyone on the team who doesn;t feel that way can walk the plank.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
He’s full of it. Ole Miss fans are in the dumps, we’ve got all the momentum

fitz says which ever team is more fired up wins it, I agree

fitz is a good podcast. Fat Noah needs to shutup,and let fitz talk

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
He’s full of it. Ole Miss fans are in the dumps, we’ve got all the momentum

fitz says which ever team is more fired up wins it, I agree

fitz is a good podcast. Fat Noah needs to shutup,and let fitz talk
Sometimes you should take your own advice. This is one of those times.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login