Ole Miss waving money under our recruits noses again

Status
Not open for further replies.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Happens every year at this time. Two OTs have now decommitted and are Old Missy leans.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Happens every year at this time. Two OTs have now decommitted and are Old Missy leans.

This is our fault, not theirs.

And it looks like you may have gotten lost from the flock. Gene's Page is over there --->

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Cam East and ???????
East is a project and if you're talking about Hurst, he was never committed to us, had a bad senior year, decommitted from Mississippi, and we showed zero interest.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
East is the only one I have seen any info on. According to Gene's Page we are very solid with the rest. Still have over a week left tho. I'm sure Lane is doing all he can to steal our guys.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Dude, we live in the NIL era now. I'm not sure what the entire story is or to whom you're referring, but "thahr payin' tha racroots" isn't the hit it used to be.

Jojo could drive up with a Hummer and tell 'em 'bout it and then hand them the keys and it wouldn't make a bit of difference as long as he makes it part of some sort of NIL package from Rogers Dabbs.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
Dude, we live in the NIL era now. I'm not sure what the entire story is or to whom you're referring, but "thahr payin' tha racroots" isn't the hit it used to be.

TX is paying Cam Newton money for O linemen

A new NIL program for the University of Texas, @HornsWithHeart, has secured $800k to launch "The Pancake Factory" initiative.

This combined with the Clark Field Collective means each Texas OL will be making at least $150k per year before individual NIL deals.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I was raised by an early boomer father and I used to be a staunch defender of the NCAA model where your scholarship was compensation enough for your play on the field.

But now we live in the age where the going rate for a college football coach who's never won anything at the D1 level is $15M/year. So yeah.. I think the players are due a little something more than a basket weaving education, blown out knees and a pat on the back.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Clayton originally went because we wanted him on OL and he wanted to play DL

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Oh yeah....I had forgot about him. Thats been months ago. He said he wouldn't play on the OL. Funny thing is he is listed as OT still

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Take the money. Give Ole Miss a good recruiting class. Red shirt. Transfer out with another load of cash from another school. That's what's going to happen. They will pay the money and not get thier money's worth. These guys are going to start playing schools like ole miss. They are really just kicking themselves in the nuts. With the transfer portal recruiting class rankings only means they can say they had a good class. I say save the money.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Oversimplification.

Sure, it is a more complicated process but you have people willing to pay or you don't. Nothing has to be under the table any more. Guys can get paid, Do we have deep pocket guys willing to do it is the question.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Sure, it is a more complicated process but you have people willing to pay or you don't. Nothing has to be under the table any more. Guys can get paid, Do we have deep pocket guys willing to do it is the question.
Just remember that to most, it's still about football. The money in the NFL is much more lucrative than piddly NIL, for most players.

It's really no different than it was before, except you can't go on probation for stupid **** anymore. They can still get you for the academic stuff.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

I saw a graphic somewhere saying former State players had over $500 Million in active NFL contracts. Maybe somebody should give their money managers a call.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
CML is not big on shenanigans. Not his first rodeo. Plus let me say everybody who was squawking about Leach can't recruit is gonna be mildly surprised.

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I really don't think it changes anything other than booster don't have to hide to do it anymore. Like in my other post on this thread it will not take long before recruits will take advantage of schools like Ole Miss. Take the money and transfer out the next year. There was a recent MSU LB that stuck it to them. I say wait until guys inter the portal and offer the money. The one time transfer is gone and they are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login