Olympics / Snoop

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
Just read where it's being reported that Snoop is making 8MM for his time in Paris, and I think he is worth every penny. He is hilarious, and so engaged, I laughed so hard when he was giving highlights of badmitton, and talking about the horses "swerving". Talk about reinventing yourself and staying relevant, that guy has it mastered, and will have his pick of endorsement opportunities after this. Good for him!

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Just read where it's being reported that Snoop is making 8MM for his time in Paris, and I think he is worth every penny. He is hilarious, and so engaged, I laughed so hard when he was giving highlights of badmitton, and talking about the horses "swerving". Talk about reinventing yourself and staying relevant, that guy has it mastered, and will have his pick of endorsement opportunities after this. Good for him!
Don't like rap and couldn't name a Snoop song but I never flip channel on him even if it's a commercial I've seen many times. Dude's got unique entertainment skills that attracts a big diverse audience

However all this Olympic Money I'm hearing about is starting to piss me off considering the living conditions the athletes are being subjected to. From numerous stories I've heard from others, Paris sucks in many ways for visitors. My Mom & Sister told me the food, service, and friendliness were 100X better in Italy.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
From numerous stories I've heard from others, Paris sucks in many ways for visitors. My Mom & Sister told me the food, service, and friendliness were 100X better in Italy.

A big part of that is the French holiday times.

France — except for tourist spots — is closed down this time of year.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Somehow, I've escaped the snoop and flava coverage. I've been watching the events live, and unless they are in the crowd and give the normal celeb crowd shot, I get just sport.

We have watched the Kevin hart and Kenan Thompson recap show which has been fun.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
What? "Except Tourism" invalidates this excuse.
Nope. The tourist spots are open. But hotels aren’t as full and people ain’t traveling there.

“Hotels in Paris are also grappling with the impact of the summer slowdown. Occupancy rates are projected to fall to 60% in early July, a 10-point drop from the previous year. Although many hotels initially raised rates to capitalize on the expected tourism surge, they were forced to discount prices following a sluggish spring booking season. Despite these adjustments, average rates have increased by nearly 70% compared to last July.”

AirFrance-KLM on Thursday announced the company is anticipating a third-quarter hit to its unit revenues of 150-170 million Euros ($163-184 million) because of lackluster demand to visit Paris this summer.”

Reactions: Dawgg

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Nope. The tourist spots are open. But hotels aren’t as full and people ain’t traveling there.

“Hotels in Paris are also grappling with the impact of the summer slowdown. Occupancy rates are projected to fall to 60% in early July, a 10-point drop from the previous year. Although many hotels initially raised rates to capitalize on the expected tourism surge, they were forced to discount prices following a sluggish spring booking season. Despite these adjustments, average rates have increased by nearly 70% compared to last July.”

AirFrance-KLM on Thursday announced the company is anticipating a third-quarter hit to its unit revenues of 150-170 million Euros ($163-184 million) because of lackluster demand to visit Paris this summer.”

No excuse not having A/C or decent food for the athletes. 17 France.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
No excuse not having A/C or decent food for the athletes. 17 France.
Paris is at roughly the same latitude as Seattle.

AC traditionally isn’t a concern.

I remember when I was a grad student at Southern Miss in their summer British Studies program back in ‘94, the guest lecturer — Sandhurst history prof — was talking about the big heat wave in the UK where everyone was sweltering and temperatures were reaching 85 degrees.

We laughed.

Edit to add photo of today’s weather (LOL, 85 degrees there too— not bad at all)

IMG_3587.jpeg

Last edited:

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024

I remember when I was a grad student at Southern Miss in their summer British Studies program back in ‘94, the guest lecturer — Sandhurst history prof — was talking about the big heat wave in the UK where everyone was sweltering and temperatures were reaching 85 degrees.

We laughed.

Edit to add photo of today’s weather (LOL, 85 degrees there too— not bad at all)

View attachment 623101
Do you use A/C when it's 85? I saw a report where athletes are napping on the grass outside due to no A/C. And the food sucks hard. 17 France

patdog

May 28, 2007

We laughed.

View attachment 623101
Maybe OK for the general population to go without A/C. But these are top athletes who are working out hard every day and need to be in 100% top form for their competitions. A/C would be a must for those people. And, yes it's 85 today, but it can get into the 90s in Paris this time of year.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Do you use A/C when it's 85? I saw a report where athletes are napping on the grass outside due to no A/C. And the food sucks hard. 17 France

Maybe OK for the general population to go without A/C. But these are top athletes who are working out hard every day and need to be in 100% top form for their competitions. A/C would be a must for those people. And, yes it's 85 today, but it can get into the 90s in Paris this time of year.

What’s wrong with America where people here are okay with the fact that Olympic athletes don’t have the physical conditioning to nap indoors and want them to have air conditioning when the general public doesn’t have to have it. **

Wimps. **

(In all seriousness, the cardboard beds are a bridge too far… But if temperatures are 85 outside, it doesn’t mean it’ll be 85 inside— 85 high, 62 low — it’ll be what? 74? 75?)

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Don't like rap and couldn't name a Snoop song but I never flip channel on him even if it's a commercial I've seen many times. Dude's got unique entertainment skills that attracts a big diverse audience

However all this Olympic Money I'm hearing about is starting to piss me off considering the living conditions the athletes are being subjected to. From numerous stories I've heard from others, Paris sucks in many ways for visitors. My Mom & Sister told me the food, service, and friendliness were 100X better in Italy.
My wife goes every year to France. Says she’ll never go back to Paris. It’s a dump with the rudest people. They hate Americans there

but i agree about the money. There were some of our athletes sleeping outside bc of the conditions

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1704414204

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
D
This is the "green" Olympics. They're literally sleeping on cardboard beds. What a
What sickens me so much about this is my love of French History. Lafayette is the most common county name in the U
S. For a reason and if not for Charlemagne and his Grandfather Charles The Hammer we wouldn't be enjoying slow smoked ribs and beer. Sad they've been on The Snide Since Napoleon.
My wife goes every year to France. Says she’ll never go back to Paris. It’s a dump with the rudest people. They hate Americans there

but i agree about the money. There were some of our athletes sleeping outside bc of the conditions

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login