OM Injuries

Sep 9, 2012
Granted I haven’t really watch much of their games in a while, but why does this narrative exist that OM is currently the most injured football team in the history of organized sports? I know they are missing a couple of guys (Mingo and Brown) on offense, but that is basically all they have missing from their team as far as I can tell.

Literally everyone in college football has some guys banged up at this point in the season (including us), but if you listen to OM fans and media, you would think it’s a miracle that they are even able to field a football team.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
They look pretty healthy to start this game. Now what happens tonight might change things but not likely.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
They were talking about this, on one of the shows earlier today,

ESPN or SEC/NW,

Expect them at full strength,

Healthiest they have been this season.

DecadeReb2

Jul 2, 2021
Granted I haven’t really watch much of their games in a while, but why does this narrative exist that OM is currently the most injured football team in the history of organized sports? I know they are missing a couple of guys (Mingo and Brown) on offense, but that is basically all they have missing from their team as far as I can tell.

Literally everyone in college football has some guys banged up at this point in the season (including us), but if you listen to OM fans and media, you would think it’s a miracle that they are even able to field a football team.

Mingo, Drummond, and Sanders plus our best offensive lineman, plus our starting linebacker have been out. That’s a lot for a team low on depth.

Sep 9, 2012
Mingo, Drummond, and Sanders plus our best offensive lineman, plus our starting linebacker have been out. That’s a lot for a team low on depth.

At least a couple of those guys are back, so they just missed a couple of games. Literally every team in America plays games short handed but OM thinks people should feel sorry for them for some reason. We lost a starting DE before the season, our starting kicker (which probably costed us a couple of games), another DE, multiple receivers have missed time, etc.

OM is no different than anyone else. If you have bad depth, boo 17ing hoo. That’s your own fault. Look at our roster before last year’s EB if you want to see a depleted team.

Yeah I’m in full hate OM mode this week.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Whether they’re healthy or not, I won’t feel sorry for them if they’re missing a player. State went up there with 40 scholly guys last year.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Injuries are literally the only reason I'm watching them right now. Disappointed so far and yes....I know its petty. 17 them guys.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
They were really banged up a for a few weeks. Their top 3 receivers were out and Corral was on a bum ankle. They had a DB playing receiver. They’re back to full strength. The Egg is gonna be wild, State wins 51-45.

Feb 23, 2008
Not a chance in hell our defense gives up 45 to these dipshits.

I get that they’re looking forward to us but they look like **** tonight. We were in the same position and focused on our job and took care of business. I’m not worried about Thursday night.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Speaking of being banged up, I watched your Eagles last night. Hell of a win playing without a QB & rotating a RB and a couple of WR at the QB position.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Thanks, Patdog. I would argue nobody in the country has been bitten harder by the injury bug than USM. Despite the record this year, I believe Hall will get it rolling.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Vandy is a bad team and Ole Miss made them look better than what they are.

Sep 9, 2012
Thanks, Patdog. I would argue nobody in the country has been bitten harder by the injury bug than USM. Despite the record this year, I believe Hall will get it rolling.

I disagree. As has been pointed out in this thread, OM is lucky their team is able to field enough guys to play right now. Thankfully some of their guys are able to play right now while wearing invisible casts.

I know all their receivers are fine but my God, did you not hear that they lost one of their offensive guards for the season a few games ago? The horror!1!1!!1

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
They’re back at full strength, though they were injured. It’s their own damn fault they don’t have any depth though. I predicted a close game above, but I’m rethinking that. I believe State might beat the dog **** out of Ole Miss.

And the injury situation at USM has been so bad it’s almost comical. Coaches have been saying things like, “I know you’re a backup safety but I see you were an option QB in high school. Get ready to take some snaps.” And, “I know you’re a defensive end. This week you’re playing left tackle.” Not exaggerating. And we still haven’t cried about injuries like the Rebels have.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Built in excuse. If they lose there were just too many injuries to overcome. If they win, it was all heart. Win win,; it goes hand in hand with winning signing day. Most women aren't as obsessed with perception

Sep 9, 2012
So you are saying Ole Miss held out all the starting receivers? For what reason?

The injury BS was always a weak excuse. We have held several receivers out for games this year. Both our backs have played hurt for >50% of the season. Corral has played hurt? Yeah, so has Rogers after the Alabama game. OM has had a couple of defensive players miss time? So has literally everyone else in America.

The only reason it is more noticeable at OM is because Kiffin whines and retweets articles about guys having to miss practice, and the OM fanboys repeat it ad nauseam. Every team has several starters held out of practice by the end of the season… no one else is bitching and moaning about it though.

Again, you want to see a depleted shell of a football team? Look at our roster going into the UGA and OM games a year ago.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Maybe it’d be more believable if their players didn’t flop after every play on D.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
We had pretty bad cluster injuries the last several weeks. 3 starting WRs all out. Both guards. Starting TE, etc. And of course Corral has been very limited with his legs which is a huge piece of the offense.

With that said, we looked healthier last night than we have in a while. We are clearly missing Ben Brown at RG, and our TE position is more or less non-existent now. But that’s on the coaches for only having one decent TE going into the season and not addressing it through the portal when we had a proven TE wanting to transfer here.

But, to your point, missing 2-3 starters for last game of the season isn’t exactly unheard of. It was significantly worse a couple weeks ago. Drummond and Sanders appear to at least be at 75%. And there absence allowed Pearson to step up and get some valuable reps.

Speaking of exaggerating injuries, how low will the total # of players yall brought to Oxford last year, get? I’m guessing around 34. Gotta love Egg Bowl week!

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
OM is in big trouble. That's for certain. Few know the Rebel Yell Dry Cleaners on the square in Oxford had a terrible accident last night, damaging eight Seersucker suits beyond repair and several of their best defensive players have nothing to wear on the buss ride down from Oxford. If the emergency replacement shipment at Rebel Rags doesn't make it in time, key players will miss the trip. Horrible days in Oxford.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login