OM should be one of the top seeds in the NIT

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Kentucky's Conference record was enough to get in and it was also enough reaosn to keep OM out

M

MsuD00D

What part do some of you not get? Kentucky went 12-4 in conference. SAME as us. Yes, their OOC losses were worse than ours, but still they took care of business in the conference including a win over UT which we didn't have. Not trying to compare them to us, just saying that they have every right to be in the tourney and how people think it was a matter of question still baffles me.

OM on the other hand, beat some decent OOC opponents but fell flat on their *** in the SEC. I will compare them directly to KY. The Kats are far and away more deserving of an NCAA bid. Not even close.

Dec 8, 2006
Disagree on KY not deserving a bid over OM. You can't ignore a 12-4 record in a power conference regardless of the pre-season record.

I don't think the SEC has ever not gotten a team in with 10 or more wins in the conference. But I think if we had finished 10-6, we would have made history.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
disagree. I see your pt and think you see mine.
You have to look at the season in its entirity not just isolate a few weeks

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006
the way a team's played the past few months speaks a lot higher than what a team did back in december</p>

M

MsuD00D

What in the bloody hell are you talking about? OK, lets isolate the months of January, February, and early March. Kentucky won 12 of a possible 16 games including a win over the conference champion. Ole Miss won 7. It can't get much clearer than that. I don't care if Kentucky lost to Provine High in November. They WON 12 games in the SEC, you know the same conference and the same competition that Ole Miss played.

Ole Miss beat a good Clemson team, a good USA team, and a good Winthrop team although it is not as strong of a team as Winthrop was the past couple of years. However, they decided to give UT a game in the conference opener and then take the rest of the season off. UM went 1-7 on the road in the league. Shall we keep going or is all this sinking in?

AnalRetentiveReb

Feb 15, 2007
two losses to AU, loss to Bama, blowout loss to LSU and home loss to SC, plus UK's 12-4 conference record did OM in. No complaints here, we did not take care of business and head to the playing for #66 tourney.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login