On Bo Bounds Show Rosebowl Said We'd Take

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
At least he went out on a limb and made a prediction. People like you wait until after, and then criticize.

But like Rosey, I feel we will have a good football team. Don't know if that translates into 10-2, but it could.
His devotion to our baseball program is extreme. I understand he loves it and is passionate about it but he takes sunshine pumping to another level

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
His football takes are hilarious. it’s ok to be a homer, but he never turns off the carnival barker persona.
Several years ago when Mullen was still here, Rose was given information directly from one of the people the staff used to leak information. Rose's response was "my sources are better and this is not what they are telling me", he looked like a fool a few days later.

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
If you aren’t disappointed with 7-5 with this schedule and team returning then you’re going to be in the minority. 7-5 would be pretty disappointing.
i think I saw last week where last years schedule was #5 and this years is #24 as per the Clarion, Stefan Krajisnik. It is a pretty favorable schedule compared to last year.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Some here ain't old enough to remember when Rosebowl got his name. At least he ain't half as bad as that tsun clown that got fired for intentionally lying about a quote from another source. And who names their son "Yancey"? "Yancey" is SO tsun. Kinda like the other dude in "Gone with the Wind". What was his name? The one Scarlett actually loved? Oh yea, Ashley, No? Good name for a male tsun attendee.

Reactions: QMartinez

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
If you aren’t disappointed with 7-5 with this schedule and team returning then you’re going to be in the minority. 7-5 would be pretty disappointing
Vegas has us a 6 wins, and that's probably fair. Having Bama and LSU at home is meaningless as we'll likely lose those either way. I'd rather have two of these three at home, Barn, Ark, USCe, and have LSU and Bama on the road.

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
Vegas has us a 6 wins, and that's probably fair. Having Bama and LSU at home is meaningless as we'll likely lose those either way. I'd rather have two of these three at home, Barn, Ark, USCe, and have LSU and Bama on the road.
6 wins seems like it should be easy coming off a 9-4 season. Id have to take the over.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
6 wins seems like it should be easy coming off a 9-4 season. Id have to take the over.
Concur, the total is actually 6.5, so only win 6 and you lose the bet (no draw). I think we'll be 7-5/8-4 so I'm loading the wagon on the over. Bowl games are not included. Vegas is looking at new coach, new offense, and few playmakers on offense. The D should be stout.

I have us at 4 wins, two losses and 6 toss ups. So win half the toss ups and that puts us at 7 - 5. I'm going to lean more toward 8-4. T5&7 will enventually put it together, but let's hope it's not this year.

Sept 2 SE Louisiana - Win
Sept 9 Arizona - Win
Sept 16 LSU - Loss
Sept 23 at South Carolina - toss up
Sept 30 Alabama - Loss
Oct 7 Western Michigan - Win
Oct 14 OPEN DATE
Oct 21 at Arkansas - Toss up
Oct 28 at Auburn - Toss up
Nov 4 Kentucky - Toss up
Nov 11 at Texas A&M - Toss up
Nov 18 Southern Miss - Win
Nov 23 Ole Miss - Toss up

Last edited:
Reactions: QMartinez

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Concur, the total is actually 6.5, so only win 6 and you lose the bet (no draw). I think we'll be 7-5/8-4 so I'm loading the wagon on the over. Bowl games are not included. Vegas is looking at new coach, new offense, and few playmakers on offense. The D should be stout.

I have us at 4 wins, two losses and 6 toss ups. So win half the toss ups and that puts us at 7 - 5. I'm going to lean more toward 8-4. T5&7 will enventually put it together, but let's hope it's not this year.

Sept 9 Arizona - Win
Sept 16 LSU - Loss
Sept 30 Alabama - Loss
Oct 14 OPEN DATE
Nov 4 Kentucky - Toss up
I agree with your W's & L's but your are way more optimistic than I am on the TossUps. New HC, all new staff, new OC and new offense I'm not sold yet

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023

Sept 9 Arizona - Win
Sept 16 LSU - Loss
Sept 30 Alabama - Loss
Oct 14 OPEN DATE
Nov 4 Kentucky - Toss up
A lot of writers Are really high on Arkansas This year. Auburn just added a pretty good veteran qb Thorne and a top wr out of Ohio state.
a and m could be pretty good this year with Petrino at oc. so it could be harder than it seems.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Most states writers are homers and rarerly objective. Hadad is probably the most objective in msu sports media.

Rosebowl never turns on the coach until he is told to by admin. Not sure who that is now that Cohen is gone. He and Selmon aren't buds.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login