On cue: Saban blames injuries for the loss

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
What injuries were there on defense other than their pride in the 4th quarter. That was brutal.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
C'mon guys. When you lose two five star receivers to injury and must resort to replacing them with two lesser five star receivers, how in the world can you compete?****

Also, I hope the receivers have AFLAC!!!

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
17 those spoiled bastards. They certainly didn't say **** when Colt McCoy went down in 2009.

I clearly remember those 22 chromosme mullet fanatics saying "injuries are just part of football "

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
It would be interesting to know Alabamas record against P5 teams when they play without SEC Referees. I bet that it would open some eyes. SEC Refs from Birmingham last night and you probably have a very different outcome.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
They were quiet indeed about Colt McCoy going down despite the relative ease with which Texas drove down the field on its first drive. I’m an admirer of Saban and much of what he says and how he handles himself, but mentioning injuries as a cause of the loss (if he in fact did this) is bush league. I need to see his comments.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Those injuries mattered. Not long ago a team from Starkville was missing some players and it showed. Did he blame the loss only on missing players or did he just mention it as a factor?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
C'mon guys. When you lose two five star receivers to injury and must resort to replacing them with two lesser five star receivers, how in the world can you compete?****

Also, I hope the receivers have AFLAC!!!

Just like Herbie said last night. It's one thing to have talent but it's another to have talent with experience. There was some passes dropped that would not have been dropped.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Just like Herbie said last night. It's one thing to have talent but it's another to have talent with experience. There was some passes dropped that would not have been dropped.

If you are a 5 star, you shouldn't be dropping ****! Also, I don't give a 17 what Herbie has to say about anything after his feelers got hurt after our fight last year. Thankfully the black eye healed and college football was saved.***

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If you are a 5 star, you shouldn't be dropping ****! Also, I don't give a 17 what Herbie has to say about anything after his feelers got hurt after our fight last year. Thankfully the black eye healed and college football was saved.***

18 year old being watched by millions on TV don't get raddled. The drops were contested by defender. An experience WR would probably catch them. Age and experience means something. I don't care how talented you are.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
It would be interesting to know Alabamas record against P5 teams when they play without SEC Referees. I bet that it would open some eyes. SEC Refs from Birmingham last night and you probably have a very different outcome.
I don't see how they could get any worse? Bama got every call until the 4th quarter and even those were so egregious the refs had no choice but to call them.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
They were quiet indeed about Colt McCoy going down despite the relative ease with which Texas drove down the field on its first drive. I’m an admirer of Saban and much of what he says and how he handles himself, but mentioning injuries as a cause of the loss (if he in fact did this) is bush league. I need to see his comments.

Not sure about any comments he made about this specific game, but I read where he said the running back that followed Sarkisian to Texas should have stayed to compete. I think that is Bush league because he didn't say that about the wide receiver that transferred from Ohio State to his program. It's just hypocritical to me, that's all. It's whatever suits him at that time.

It's like when he said Alabama should have been in the playoffs over Ohio State because you should have to win your division to get in, then the very next year Auburn won it and lost in the SECCG to UGA and Bama got in along with UGA. It fit his narrative at the time, so that's what he says. Another example is when he said the SEC should play 9 conference games and do away with the Div II game. He still does it, yet he doesn't have to.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Those injuries mattered. Not long ago a team from Starkville was missing some players and it showed. Did he blame the loss only on missing players or did he just mention it as a factor?
Restrictive COVID protocols and injuries are different things when it comes to playing football.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login