On Matt Wyatt's Show

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Matt’s not going to be critical of the staff without having given it a lot of thought. When he’s saying this, everyone needs to pay attention. Especially Keenum & Selmon. It’s time.
100% agree. He was not kind on the 5th quarter show after the game and he was spot on with his critique. The product on the field is completely unacceptable and we have the right to expect better.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
He was going off DURING the game. Mostly while Parson was in. Not aimed at Parson but the staff for not having amply players on the O and also on the punt team.

Reactions: kired

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Matt’s more worried about getting to leave early after the game so he can get home more than anything else. A few Saturdays in the fall and we have to hear about how Matt needs to get home. I’m sick of it. Go do your own show full time, hot shot.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Matt’s more worried about getting to leave early after the game so he can get home more than anything else. A few Saturdays in the fall and we have to hear about how Matt needs to get home. I’m sick of it. Go do your own show full time, hot shot.
this is one of the most idiotic takes of the day. you must not have grown up listening to Jack Cristil.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I don't listen to any of the radio broadcast, what do you mean? Matt is saying on air, "I'm want to leave early and go home?"

Side note, remember when JWS would take calls after the games?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If it wasn't his job I would imagine he woulda left at halftime like all the fans. He probly wanted to go see some team mates

Reactions: patdog

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
“It’s time for the Sonic Drive of the Game, and as far as I’m concerned, the Sonic Drive of the Game will be my drive home to Tupelo tonight.”

I found it just now on "Six Pack Remembers" under "Jack Cristil Sound CLips" but when I click on the link it takes me straight back to "Six Pack Remembers" again, not sure why. Its the 3rd one from the bottom of the list of sound clips but won't work, see below

1699368657581.png

Reactions: Other Kind

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
He was going off on the current staff. I don't listen to him often, but I've always considered him to be the ultimate Company Man.

If he, one of our broadcasters, has turned on the staff, I think it is safe to say Zac won't be back.
This just means he's been told they're gone and it's OK to say what's on his mind now. I doubt very very seriously that he's broken ranks and gone "maverick" on the establishment.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This just means he's been told they're gone and it's OK to say what's on his mind now. I doubt very very seriously that he's broken ranks and gone "maverick" on the establishment.
I'm thinking the same. He likely is not close to the AD (being the AD has been here less than a year), but he is probably to Keenum and others.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Maybe this was addressed here, but Matt referenced after the game the final "Sonic Drive of the Game" in the maroon interlocking MSU helmets prior to Saturday was the iconic "drive back to Tupelo" quip from Cristil.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Same as Rosie coming out last week saying similar. Neither of them would if they didn't have "permission"

Reactions: patdog

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
He out most days on his show, it’s like he has more real time than live time air but I haven’t listened in a while, maybe that changed…..

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
this is one of the most idiotic takes of the day. you must not have grown up listening to Jack Cristil.
Yeah I listened to Jack and he was a legendary announcer. Matt couldn’t even hold the lighter for his cigarettes. Matt was a ****** quarterback and is a ****** announcer. Listening to him is like being forced to talk to some redneck meth head at Russellville Walmart.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
You know there is a little dial on the radio that allows you to change the 17n channel

PirateBay

Jan 9, 2020
Remember after the Kentucky game, how literally everyone's tone changed and the consensus became that we would move on from Arnett? That isn't coincidence, you don't have a dozen people closely tied to MSU media just openly adopt that stance out of the blue. I'm convinced enough clarity was given that they could all begin putting it in the air and giving the fan base a little assurance that we are looking toward a coaching search.

I still can't wrap my mind around the level of incompetence we've seen this year. What makes it more puzzling is Arnett doesn't seem to be imposing himself into the OC/DC roles, which would mean multiple people are making some breathtakingly stupid decisions. Leaving Wright out there as the hill for the team to die on until the 4Q was just the most recent. Like we see Wright's limitations, he isn't capable of playing QB at all right now. We also see Parson throwing effortless 40 yard ropes in warmups, the difference in arm talent is legitimately staggering. How do you just choose to die without putting your guns up? The most damning is still the decision to air the ball out against LSU, and then say in the postgame presser that "the strength of their team is the front 7, we knew that coming in". What? Did our coaches watch less of LSU than every casual CFB fan in the country this year? How can you be that unprepared and just flat wrong?

You need a coach who has done it before and can implement the systems that ensure everything gets done every day. The most fundamental part of being a HC overseeing 100+ personnel is being able to implement and manage those systems to make sure the organization is functioning on a daily basis, that part of it isn't all that different from running any other business. Its the most important part of the job, and the reason you see coaches fail even with great talent on the team. I don't care what the guys schemes look like, figure that out with the assistant hires. Make sure he can run a top notch organization that leads to guys improving daily, that coach will win and his program will continuously improve.

Reactions: Baddog11

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
He out most days on his show, it’s like he has more real time than live time air but I haven’t listened in a while, maybe that changed…..
Dude his old lady is smoking hot and, if her demeanor on the radio is any indication, she's sweater than CFA tea. I'd he skipping as much work as possible too.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
“It’s time for the Sonic Drive of the Game, and as far as I’m concerned, the Sonic Drive of the Game will be my drive home to Tupelo tonight.”
Yep the Sonic drive of the game was Matt's drive home to Tupelo and they referenced Jack's drive of the game when he drove home after the Croom 45-0 drumming in Oxford.

The time is near!

ETA: Jack's Sonic Drive of the Game was apparently after we lost to Bama 38-0.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Remember after the Kentucky game, how literally everyone's tone changed and the consensus became that we would move on from Arnett? That isn't coincidence, you don't have a dozen people closely tied to MSU media just openly adopt that stance out of the blue. I'm convinced enough clarity was given that they could all begin putting it in the air and giving the fan base a little assurance that we are looking toward a coaching search.

I still can't wrap my mind around the level of incompetence we've seen this year. What makes it more puzzling is Arnett doesn't seem to be imposing himself into the OC/DC roles, which would mean multiple people are making some breathtakingly stupid decisions. Leaving Wright out there as the hill for the team to die on until the 4Q was just the most recent. Like we see Wright's limitations, he isn't capable of playing QB at all right now. We also see Parson throwing effortless 40 yard ropes in warmups, the difference in arm talent is legitimately staggering. How do you just choose to die without putting your guns up? The most damning is still the decision to air the ball out against LSU, and then say in the postgame presser that "the strength of their team is the front 7, we knew that coming in". What? Did our coaches watch less of LSU than every casual CFB fan in the country this year? How can you be that unprepared and just flat wrong?

You need a coach who has done it before and can implement the systems that ensure everything gets done every day. The most fundamental part of being a HC overseeing 100+ personnel is being able to implement and manage those systems to make sure the organization is functioning on a daily basis, that part of it isn't all that different from running any other business. Its the most important part of the job, and the reason you see coaches fail even with great talent on the team. I don't care what the guys schemes look like, figure that out with the assistant hires. Make sure he can run a top notch organization that leads to guys improving daily, that coach will win and his program will continuously improve.
My wife got a text before the KY game from a friend in Starkville. Her and her husband are wealthy and well connected to MSU sports. The text simply said "if he loses tonight he's gone". They left on a trip Sunday can't wait to find out if she was guessing or knew something. I suspect the latter .

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021
Matt is a true Dawg, no ulterior motive. He loves MSU as much or more than any of us, played the game at MSU at a high level, and knows more than any of us.
My wife got a text before the KY game from a friend in Starkville. Her and her husband are wealthy and well connected to MSU sports. The text simply said "if he loses tonight he's gone". They left on a trip Sunday can't wait to find out if she was guessing or knew something. I suspect the latter .

Jack Klompus.sixpack

Mar 6, 2021
I am obviously an idiot because I can’t figure out how to reply to an entire thread instead of an individual. So sorry “thatsbaseballsaid”

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login