On the last regular season day in the NFL season I can now

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
safely say that this has been the shittiest Fantasy Football season ever. Even my just for fun teams were decimated by players designated to play, only to ride the pine right at game time too late to change. Nobody outside of just a few players were even remotely dependable week to week even when they were relatively healthy all season

Looking across the leagues it is easy to see I was not alone and many folks had it worse than me.

I can even describe the year for QBs outside of a couple of guys.

I play for fun and don't mind if I lose straight up but it almost became drudgery. I even quit my weekly pick'em teams. It's a reminder why I don't ouright bet on NFL or college football games.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Do you think the extra week had anything to do with it?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Do you think the extra week had anything to do with it?
Good question. This season felt a little stretched at times. Maybe the teams needed to go through the new longer season to know how to deal with the new longer season. Maybe it was just me but there were a greater number of injuries.

Why did we need a longer season?

$$$

Reactions: Dawgg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
My year was a mess too. But that’s largely due to me drafting Russell Wilson as my QB and then Cooper Kupp getting injured. Had to pivot away from my original plan quickly and never really recovered. Finished 6th in my 12 person league but was right at .500 all year.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Good question. This season felt a little stretched at times. Maybe the teams needed to go through the new longer season to know how to deal with the new longer season. Maybe it was just me but there were a greater number of injuries.

Why did we need a longer season?

$$$
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new format and I don't like only having the #1 seed having the bye (especially with the way it worked out in the AFC this year). I feel like 16 games with 6 divisional, 4 intraconference from a single division, 4 non-conference from a single division, and 2 conference "similar placement" games was kind of perfect.

I feel like if the NFL wanted an extra week of TV, they could have still done that with two byes during the season.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login