One Poll to Rule Them All...

Select your preferred logo

• State Script

• Banner M

Results are only viewable after voting.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
The logo debate has been discussed to death, so no need to reply other than discussing the poll results. Let this serve as the officially unofficial SPS Logo preference poll that can be cited forevermore.

In this scenario, the choice is strictly between these two. No interlocking or other logos to be considered. And it's not replacing the baseball logo. Script logo includes when it is outlined and assume it to be in maroon or white.

Which do you prefer to be the official logo of Mississippi State University athletics?

1708714774484.png 1708714068933.png

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Illegitimate without interlocking MSU from 99 team as option.
I purposely left it out for several reasons. This is choosing between the logo we have been using vs the logo we will be using moving forward.

It is very clear that the administration does not want to use the Interlocking MSU as a primary logo. It’s possible it will be occasionally used on the football helmets, but that’s it. Pretty much everyone likes the Interlocking MSU, but it’s not happening so there’s no reason to muddy the waters of this debate.

There’s too many camps to ever get a clear answer without phrasing the question this way. Some people dislike the Script, but dislike the banner even more. So I’m asking if these are your 2 options, which do you want.

Reactions: TrueMaroonGrind

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I don't really care and never have, and probably never will about logos, uniforms, etc.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I don't care if they run around in a tutu, I'm more concerned about the scoreboard. Losing is really getting tiresome especially against so-called inferior opponents.

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
Interlocking is awesome but lots of schools have the one logo they use sparingly and still sell to the fans that like it best.

M over S is baseball only so I wear it most but wouldn’t want it to ever be the logo for all athletics.

back to your poll. Like the script better than banner but I am fine if still kept banner around some too. Such as script on helmet with small banner on uniform somewhere, used for womens sports, Olympic sports, alternate for basketball…. I mean I know I’m not alone but when I think of javelin U, the first thing that comes to mind is the crisp white banner M on a maroon unitard. Can’t just completely quit on it now.

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
The logo debate has been discussed to death, so no need to reply other than discussing the poll results. Let this serve as the officially unofficial SPS Logo preference poll that can be cited forevermore.

In this scenario, the choice is strictly between these two. No interlocking or other logos to be considered. And it's not replacing the baseball logo. Script logo includes when it is outlined and assume it to be in maroon or white.

Which do you prefer to be the official logo of Mississippi State University athletics?

View attachment 532409 View attachment 532403
Can't even get the maroons the same color!!111!*

Reactions: StateCollege

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Honestly this is much closer than I expected. I thought we all agreed M-State is the Crooms of logos.

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
M over S is baseball only so I wear it most but wouldn’t want it to ever be the logo for all athletics.
Lot's of people say this. Why? M over S is the most aesthetically pleasing (and identifiable) logo that we have. Why can't it be the logo for all sports?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Choosing a 3rd party is just throwing away your vote.***
ross perot GIF

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Here’s the way I see it:

interlocking - won the west, 99 team
ribbon - final four
banner - #1 in CFP poll
m over s - natty
script - TBD

Reactions: MSUDOG24

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
“Now, here’s the deal. Here’s what I’m trying to tell you. 3% growth in our economy, $120 billion growth in our GNP – I get a billion dollars.”
Absolutely read that in a Carvey/Perot voice.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It’s 78-22% for the script. Goat can only make so many accounts to sway the vote
Went about like I thought it would. 80/20 rule. Most of our fans would just rather continue what we’ve done. 15-20 years from now, maybe sooner, we will change again. And so it goes. The only program that will have consistent success over that time will probably be baseball.

The folks who think differently get run off. Look at Cohen.

What is an athletic program that we aspire to be? What do they do? Clemson - consistent logo. Auburn - consistent logo. We don’t have to be exactly like them either - we could do the Oregon thing and change uniforms - but they have a consistent logo.

What do we all agree on? Leaning into ‘State’. What do the facts tell us? Be consistent. M-State accomplished both.

&tate starts everything over. Back to square one. Oh well, have at it, enjoy the LFL guys.

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010

View attachment 532409 View attachment 532403
Interlocking

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login