One thing bothering me about Stoops

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
With the way he's slow-playing the announcement as our next coach, I'm a little worried about his energy level. Don't get me wrong, I support him all the way, but if he can't bring it out of the gate, is he truly the right fit as we head into recruiting and the 2024 season?

The game at Arizona State is huge, in my opinion. If we come out flat and win by less than 30, you could see that seat start to get a little warm.

DogStuckAtUM

Aug 5, 2021
That's all great, but my big thing is he was able to convince Garrett Riley to take a paycut to be OC. If he recruits like that with high school/portal, Stoops will be fine.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
With the way he's slow-playing the announcement as our next coach, I'm a little worried about his energy level. Don't get me wrong, I support him all the way, but if he can't bring it out of the gate, is he truly the right fit as we head into recruiting and the 2024 season?

The game at Arizona State is huge, in my opinion. If we come out flat and win by less than 30, you could see that seat start to get a little warm.
He kinda has to slow play it. He doesn't want anything leaking in the Arlington Renegades lockerroom. He could mess around and be out of two jobs.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

I do worry a little that Sexton may be playing us to get Stoops a Dwayne Johnson bobblehead.

Dawgs_4_life

Jun 12, 2014
If he has not already grabbed a maroon blazer, cowbell, and started recruiting already.......then i don't want him.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
My understanding is he is waiting on a firm handshake from Les Miles. Would make a dynamic duo.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login