ONIT Mississippi State football cards are now shipping

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
This is going to be a total Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrtttttttttttt.

I ordered several packs of the cards for my son back in September. They are just now shipping.

I can't wait to see what players at other schools we will get. I will share the results on Christmas. Could be funny.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Cards are cool again?
I saw a white kid with dreads at a HS last week that looked like 1994 Adam Duritz from Counting Crows, apparently hats with string on the brim are cool, and wide legged jeans all over the place like JNCO never jumped the shark.

And cards are back too? Crazy.
At least I know whats coming next- napster and whale tail.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Cards are cool again?
I saw a white kid with dreads at a HS last week that looked like 1994 Adam Duritz from Counting Crows, apparently hats with string on the brim are cool, and wide legged jeans all over the place like JNCO never jumped the shark.

Cards are bigger than ever. And they cost 10x what they did back in the day. The industry is catering to social media and "breaks". Essentially the card manufacturers make boxes of cards that cost way too much and individuals "buy in" to breaks (breaks are the opening of boxes or packs). Then the box is opened live on YouTube and you get the cards that you risked your money to get. Ex/ They have some box of cards that cost $800/box. You may not want to spend 800 bones but you have the opportunity to take partial ownership of the boxes. You may be "buy in" to the break for $100. You get to pick one team. Let's say the Braves. You get all the Braves in that box. You might get 2 cards, you might get 20 cards. Total crap shoot. Also, certain teams cost more than others. Buying the Saints will cost less than buying the Texans (CJ Shroud is the hottest fball player in the card world). It's a really bid thing right now.

Reactions: mstateglfr

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Cards are bigger than ever. And they cost 10x what they did back in the day. The industry is catering to social media and "breaks". Essentially the card manufacturers make boxes of cards that cost way too much and individuals "buy in" to breaks (breaks are the opening of boxes or packs). Then the box is opened live on YouTube and you get the cards that you risked your money to get. Ex/ They have some box of cards that cost $800/box. You may not want to spend 800 bones but you have the opportunity to take partial ownership of the boxes. You may be "buy in" to the break for $100. You get to pick one team. Let's say the Braves. You get all the Braves in that box. You might get 2 cards, you might get 20 cards. Total crap shoot. Also, certain teams cost more than others. Buying the Saints will cost less than buying the Texans (CJ Shroud is the hottest fball player in the card world). It's a really bid thing right now.

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

But, how much do you bid to keep the gum?**

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Cards are cool again?

In the last 5 years almost everything from our childhood to recent times has in some way come back into style or popularity at least once. It’s crazy. Think about all the young women wearing 17ing mom jeans.

Reactions: aTotal360

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
In the last 5 years almost everything from our childhood to recent times has in some way come back into style or popularity at least once. It’s crazy. Think about all the young women wearing 17ing mom jeans.
I have asked my wife 'what the 17 is happening?' so many times thru the last handful of years when it comes to teen fashion. Between 3 daughters and 3 nieces that are all between 19 and 13 and are/were in the same school- I have been in a state of constant disbelief for half a decade.
It is sometimes me being shocked one of em is wearing something that is so clearly inappropriate(old grump hater here), but more often its me being shocked at the style.
I will die convinced that mom jeans dont look good on anyone regardless of age or body shape. But its their style and god forbid I comment in any manner which could be perceived as anything less than 100% supportive.

Ill be sure to let my wife know the cards I finally agreed to throw out 3 years ago are back and popular. Some kid will never know how cool the Fleer and Skybox David Robinson rookie cards were.
All seriousness though- at least this current craze is real cards. The NBA Top Shot NFT craze of 3 years ago seems to have largely gone away, as predicted by many on here. Pretty cool that real cards have an interest.

Last edited:

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
So i have a garage full of cards from late 80’s to early 90’s. I know this was the most last produced time period so value’s aren’t that great. But you’re making me think that may be improving. I have a ton of complete sets and several with the plastic wrap still on them. They are the sets and not just unopened boxes. Are these worth fooling with? I have started taking inventory several times over the years, and it gets overwhelming, to the point i say 17 it and do something else.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
So i have a garage full of cards from late 80’s to early 90’s. I know this was the just last produced time period so value’s aren’t that great. But you’re making me think that may be improving. I have a ton of complete sets and several with the plastic wrap still on them. They are the sets and not just unopened boxes. Are these worth fooling with? I have started taking inventory several times over the years, and it gets overwhelming, to the point i say 17 it and do something else.
Use the image search feature in the Ebay app. All you have to do is take a pic of it in the app and it will search it up. Works great. I'm doing it.

Reactions: AlCoDog

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Use the image search feature in the Ebay app. All you have to do is take a pic of it in the app and it will search it up. Works great. I'm doing it.

"It will search it up" meaning it will give you a value or show you what others are selling for?

FreshAsHail

Nov 7, 2023
worked for me..My mind was blown when I looked up a Kobe Bryant card of mine recently, posted it for sale and sold it or $250.

Reactions: aTotal360
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login