Opening weekend in the SEC

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
If you look around the league, you will see that half swept and the other half lost at least one game (and not to world beaters either). Ole Miss 2 losses to Hawaii and Florida 0-1 vs StJohns. Still early.. half of the league may suck or it could be the usual opening weekend kinks being worked out.
Like the strikes being thrown with less walks. Hitting should pick up. I say we give it another week before we burn it to the ground.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
If you look around the league, you will see that half swept and the other half lost at least one game (and not to world beaters either). Ole Miss 2 losses to Hawaii and Florida 0-1 vs StJohns. Still early.. half of the league may suck or it could be the usual opening weekend kinks being worked out.
Like the strikes being thrown with less walks. Hitting should pick up. I say we give it another week before we burn it to the ground.
Only a week?

patdog

May 28, 2007
How many of those other SEC teams won single digit SEC games the last 2 years? Pretty confident Florida has less to worry about this year despite the 0-1 record.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

Agree giving it a few weeks... BUT

Tennessee played elite competition and went 2-1.
Missouri went on the road and played average competition and went 2-1.
Vandy went 2-1 vs FAU-- a 30 plus win team last season

Think minus maybe Vandy winning all 3, the other two teams above thats about par for what was expected. The florida loss was equally as bad as ours. Not sure anyone elses is. I dont know what to make of the ole miss trip. It doesnt look good, but its hawaii and on the road. Odd way to open the season.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
We went 2-1 against a school that doesn’t take baseball seriously at all. Air Force Baseball has made the NCAA Tournament once out of last 54 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuntDawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Does the Military Academies recruit for baseball like they do for football, or do they just have tryouts for current cadets who are interested?

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
We went 2-1 against a school that doesn’t take baseball seriously at all. Air Force Baseball has made the NCAA Tournament once out of last 54 years.
That one time being the year before last...2022. That same year they went into Austin to play #7 Texas a 2-game series. They beat Texas 14-2 in the first game, then lost the next day 12-10 after being tied in the 9th.

Also in 2022 they made that one NCAA tourney appearance, so that sounds a lot better than saying "once-in-54-years" when evaluating their present worthiness as an opponent. They went to the Austin regional where they beat Dallas Baptist & La Tech en route to the regional championship, which they lost to that same #7 Texas team. The same Texas team that gave us 1 of our 2 losses in the CWS that year.

Reality is, they appear to have been a decent team the past 3 seasons. We can't really know much about this year yet as early-season woes plague plenty of good teams until they figure things out and start to gel.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The good news for me is that the team did nothing this past weekend to lower my expectations for the season.

The bad news is that my expectations are to once again be towards the bottom of the SEC

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I dont think anyone is burning anything down, unless their pit gets outta control at the dude.

I do believe there are multiple on the board that were responsible for putting for sale signs at lemonis house.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
The good news for me is that the team did nothing this past weekend to lower my expectations for the season.

The bad news is that my expectations are to once again be towards the bottom of the SEC
I was encouraged that we didn't have more walks than strike outs.

Reactions: Seinfeld
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login