Opportunity Awaits For Ducking

JoelTColeman

May 24, 2013

Bulldog receiver is ready for the chance to prove himself in 2022.

More...

**These are automatic feeds from a Joel T. (Woo) Coleman Hail State RSS Feed. It reads from that feed and automatically posts new articles.**

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
This dude is the most hyped up 1-star JUCO nobody in our illustrious history of 1-star JUCO nobodies. Rosey won't STFU about him.

So the question is, is he gonna be Tony Burks or Ryan Mason?

patdog

May 28, 2007
That spoiler was a little more than I needed to know. I think I'd have to change my name.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017

At 6'5" I hope it encourages more 50/50 balls out of Rogers. It sounds like that is something they have been working on in camp and would be a nice addition to the offense. If the hype is real, with a 6'5" receiver that 50/50 should be more like 80/20.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
This dude is the most hyped up 1-star JUCO nobody in our illustrious history of 1-star JUCO nobodies. Rosey won't STFU about him.

Between Dolla BIll and Ducking, I don't know that I've ever seen a school so reliant on two players to make a huge jump between their 4th and 5th year in college.

It's extremely worrying to me that the guy that is getting hyped as our best WR appeared in 7 games last year and averaged just a little less than a scorching 1.3 receptions per game.

And that's on top of our LT being somebody that couldn't beat out Scott Lashley at tackle last year in his 4th year on campus. I'm fully sheared at this point.

Sep 12, 2013

I was at the vandy game last year and Ducking got some reps and minutes…I honestly thought then that he had some real potential. Hopefully he does.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I'd love to see him be at least as productive as Bear. If he has learned how to use his body like that, particularly on back shoulder throws, it will be fun to watch. I loved when you could see a back shoulder throw coming, knew Bear was going to get it, and also knew there was a near 0% chance that the defender could do anything about it.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Between Dolla BIll and Ducking, I don't know that I've ever seen a school so reliant on two players to make a huge jump between their 4th and 5th year in college.

It's extremely worrying to me that the guy that is getting hyped as our best WR appeared in 7 games last year and averaged just a little less than a scorching 1.3 receptions per game.

And that's on top of our LT being somebody that couldn't beat out Scott Lashley at tackle last year in his 4th year on campus. I'm fully sheared at this point.
Dolla Bill is the other Rosebowl Preseason POY. He's reminding me of that other 4/5 star lineman, Damein Robinson maybe? Dude just never did anything. But to his credit, supposedly he had turned the corner in his 5th season but got injured or something. I think he got a 6th year but never really started.

Hopefully in this case though, Dolla does actually turn that corner.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I'd love to see him be at least as productive as Bear. If he has learned how to use his body like that, particularly on back shoulder throws, it will be fun to watch. I loved when you could see a back shoulder throw coming, knew Bear was going to get it, and also knew there was a near 0% chance that the defender could do anything about it.
Bear was a good bit bigger than Ducking. I sat by Ducking at a basketball game in Jackson a few years ago. I get that dudes gain weight but he's not a Bear-type player (not saying better or worse, just not the same). Hopefully he's faster than Bear, I think Bear ran like a 4.9.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Right. I was thinking height, and hoping he's put on some weight, but he should be able to go get some balls unless his vertical is similar to mine.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
The thing about dollar that’s encouraging his he shed some fat, put on some muscle, & is quicker. He has worked his *** off so there’s that. Why wait til now? Don’t know, but he’s put in the work & has taken it more seriously. We’ll see.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Sure Ducking was low rated out of JuCo. They never threw the ball there or in HS where he played. Sure it’s taken some time, he had no clue how to play WR. This is no polished WR used to playing 7 on 7 for years.

So, how did he get a scholarship? Dude was a freak athlete and his upside was unreal. Joe Mo saw it in camp and offered him.

What took him so long? Covid & Leach 1st year and then a year to learn how to play. By that years end he was showing flashes. Now, he is stepping up. Just hide and watch, you will be a fan by the end of year.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
The thing about dollar that’s encouraging his he shed some fat, put on some muscle, & is quicker. He has worked his *** off so there’s that. Why wait til now? Don’t know, but he’s put in the work & has taken it more seriously. We’ll see.

A good point somebody made (Metdawg? Brunswick dog?) is that he lost two years with JoMo's incompetent S&C program, and then the first off season with Leach was messed up by COVID.

Still seems like we should have seen major progress last off season, but for all I know maybe we did. Can't say I remember how he looked or how good or bad he was in 2020.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login