Orioels Announcer Facing Indefinite Suspension

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

Evidently the O's front is seeeensitive to reality. Sometimes it hurts, but, it's still the truth

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Jack Cristil said worse about MSU. His Sonic drive of the game comment about the drive of the game was his drive back to Tupelo still makes me laugh.
"The Orioles haven't won a series in so long, you'll need survey equipment to spot the archive of their last series win"

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I wonder if they fired the guy that made the graphics that were displaying the same information he was saying?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Agree that it went on way too long, but these announces are left stumbling around trying to fill air time.

MGT should have brought him in and gave him a good talking to and moved on.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Agree that it went on way too long, but these announces are left stumbling around trying to fill air time.

MGT should have brought him in and gave him a good talking to and moved on.
A good talking to?

You shouldnt be subjected to 'a good talking to' if nothing offensive or disrespectful was said.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
A good talking to?

You shouldnt be subjected to 'a good talking to' if nothing offensive or disrespectful was said.
are you folks really this soft? A good talking to never hurt nobody, not a day goes by that I don't give an employee and/or family member a good talking to. Keeps folks down, hungry and a little worried.

• Sad

patdog

May 28, 2007
What's hilarious about this is, they suspended him because they didn't like him drawing attention to their recent record playing there. Now they've drawn 100 times more attention to it as he did. So nice going Orioles. You were the feel-good story of MLB this year. Now you just look like a bunch of a**holes.

615 Guy

Jun 6, 2018
Pretty sure they've already come out and said he'll be back by this weekend's series.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
There was a 3 day delay between the comment and the suspension. I'll bet players complained about it.

ETA: I love baseball, but the only people in sports more thin skinned than MLB players are MLB umps.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I would like to say, is the first case of stupid/near sighted owners I've seen in one form of professional ball or another, but I think it wouldn't be very hard to come up with more examples.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

Evidently the O's front is seeeensitive to reality. Sometimes it hurts, but, it's still the truth
Well leave it to my wife to side with Orioles management on this by saying he should be more aware of the negative connotation of the wording and should be portraying a more positive outlook for the Orioles who are now in first place vs where they have been and there dismal record vs the Rays

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
are you folks really this soft? A good talking to never hurt nobody, not a day goes by that I don't give an employee and/or family member a good talking to. Keeps folks down, hungry and a little worried.
Ha, what? Why would I and basically everyone else that's responded to you, the soft ones?

Those who suspended him are the soft ones.

I did laugh at learning you don't let a day go by without giving someone a good talking to. Haha, that is just genuinely hilarious to hear.
I envision you summoning family members and lecturing them on whatever your latest dislikes are. Gotta keep em humble and hungry, right? They need to work for your approval and conditional love!

• Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Ha, what? Why would I and basically everyone else that's responded to you, the soft ones?

Those who suspended him are the soft ones.

I did laugh at learning you don't let a day go by without giving someone a good talking to. Haha, that is just genuinely hilarious to hear.
I envision you summoning family members and lecturing them on whatever your latest dislikes are. Gotta keep em humble and hungry, right? They need to work for your approval and conditional love!
heck yeah! You know the drill.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login