Oscar Sheibwe

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Not sure of the spelling but I hope everyone noticed the Kentucky center went undrafted. This made me think of the discussion here about Tolu going to the draft. He in fact would NOT have been drafted

Sep 12, 2013
It’s crazy to me. They guy is a guaranteed 10/10 player at least. Those guys are still valuable in the NBA.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
But he did not get drafted. Period. Naismith college player of the year or something like that

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Not sure of the spelling but I hope everyone noticed the Kentucky center went undrafted. This made me think of the discussion here about Tolu going to the draft. He in fact would NOT have been drafted
But he did not get drafted. Period. Naismith college player of the year or something like that

I am unaware of anyone with understanding/insight who thought Tolu would be drafted.

I have argued that there is still a place in the league for big men who live in the post, board well, and can switch on D.
Many here seem to just go with the popular narrative that the low post player is dead in the NBA and all big men need to be able to step out and shoot.
That's straight up false and a long productive career can be made in the low post.

Very few pf/c players are capable of stepping out and knocking down deep shots. Those who are capable are all star/franchise level players, or close to that.
All the rest dont shoot from deep and still get plenty of minutes.

It is much more difficult to break into the NBA as a back to the basket low post player when compared to 15 - 30 years ago. But that doesn't mean the NBA doesn't have a ton of guys who still fill that role.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
It always amazed me how Dampier had an amazingly long NBA career. He was an awesome defender and rebounder. Dude earned his money, but he wasn’t agile or fast compared to what there is today. I bet he’d still do well though.

Reactions: onewoof

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
It always amazed me how Dampier had an amazingly long NBA career. He was an awesome defender and rebounder. Dude earned his money, but he wasn’t agile or fast compared to what there is today. I bet he’d still do well though.
I don't know he's a little old for the NBA now imo

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login