OSU put QR code on helmets for NIL donations

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I also read that Gundy told his players to tell their agents he isn’t accepting any more of their calls until December.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

Valid point lol. How often is someone gonna have a clear shot to scan a QR code on the back of a helmet? Even on a video board or TV feed?

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Just put them on the 40 yard lines, on the surfboard score board and on little signs throughout the concourse. Graph donations as the game progresses and show a timeline chart at the bottom of the big screen board.
"And that first down by Johnson was worth $1500 in NIL donations! We are up to 12 bands so far in the first quarter."

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I don't blame the players (or school, I guess) for trying it. As CK said above, why not. It's similar but not as bad as all these goofballs I see driving around with their venmo account on the back of their minivan. Modern day panhandlers. I assume sometimes random people send them money, which is why they keep it on there. Hell, with the football team, at least I would know who I'm sending the money to and why.

So I can't blame them for trying it. I do blame any idiot who actually sends money to a random stranger because they saw a venmo account in shoe polish on the back window of a vehicle.

Reactions: maroontide06

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013

Valid point lol. How often is someone gonna have a clear shot to scan a QR code on the back of a helmet? Even on a video board or TV feed?

I don't blame the players (or school, I guess) for trying it. As CK said above, why not. It's similar but not as bad as all these goofballs I see driving around with their venmo account on the back of their minivan. Modern day panhandlers. I assume sometimes random people send them money, which is why they keep it on there. Hell, with the football team, at least I would know who I'm sending the money to and why.

So I can't blame them for trying it. I do blame any idiot who actually sends money to a random stranger because they saw a venmo account in shoe polish on the back window of a vehicle.
I feel like this is going to turn into tv, colleges, and players allowing for individual QR codes to be displayed on the screen after big plays to beg for donations while all parties get a cut

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login