OT : 2023 Movies

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This is the last offering from James Gunn and probably the last marvel movie I'll watch in the theater. I'm gonna miss this series because they're gonna destroy it once he stops making GOG and Marvel movies.

Kathleen Kennedy and Disney would not be happy until they killed Harrison Ford in both of the timeless, classic movie series he was a vital part of (worst kept secret spoiler evah). I won't go to the rest of the things I heard about this movie (if true, it is gonna piss almost everybody off) I don't start another thread that needs to be locked. Let's say Disney makes movies like a PowerPoint presentation now with multiple endings and pick which one they think the crowd will like the best. And from what I hear, every one of the endings they have made for this baby is more crap than the one before it.

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Quantumania looks good.

As far as Indiana Jones, I think Raiders of the Lost Ark was the best movie, but being both a father and a son, The Last Crusade is my favorite one.

Temple of Doom is not very good, but it is light years ahead of the fecal matter they called Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I’m interested in Dial of Destiny, but I’m not super hopeful. If Indy dies in it, I think I’m ok with that. He’s been playing that character for over 40 years. He deserves to end it how he wants.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
I thought Harrison Ford wanted his characters killed off in both series. It's taken 45 years to reach the end of both sagas so it's about time for someone to kick the bucket.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Quantumania looks good.

As far as Indiana Jones, I think Raiders of the Lost Ark was the best movie, but being both a father and a son, The Last Crusade is my favorite one.

Temple of Doom is not very good, but it is light years ahead of the fecal matter they called Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I’m interested in Dial of Destiny, but I’m not super hopeful. If Indy dies in it, I think I’m ok with that. He’s been playing that character for over 40 years. He deserves to end it how he wants.
Raiders and the last crusade are 1a and 1b for me. The rest suck.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Guardians of the Galaxy is about to have a roster change so I imagine some people are going to die in this one.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
In fairness, one actor has explicitly said he was done prior to them even starting production.
Yes and that’s part of it but Marvel has been pretty consistent about killing off people in the third installments of a series.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
This is the last offering from James Gunn and probably the last marvel movie I'll watch in the theater. I'm gonna miss this series because they're gonna destroy it once he stops making GOG and Marvel movies.

Kathleen Kennedy and Disney would not be happy until they killed Harrison Ford in both of the timeless, classic movie series he was a vital part of (worst kept secret spoiler evah). I won't go to the rest of the things I heard about this movie (if true, it is gonna piss almost everybody off) I don't start another thread that needs to be locked. Let's say Disney makes movies like a PowerPoint presentation now with multiple endings and pick which one they think the crowd will like the best. And from what I hear, every one of the endings they have made for this baby is more crap than the one before it.

I had heard all the endings tested terribly and they were struggling with what to do.

And speaking of Kathleen kennedy, is there anybody in entertainment that has destroyed more wealth than Kathleen Kennedy? It's amazing Disney paid for all that IP and then has just sat by and watched her run it into the ground. If it weren't obvious that Disney is perfectly willing to set shareholders' money on fire to commit to wokeness, I would think she had video of every board member and executive with a prostitute and was blackmailing them.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I thought Harrison Ford wanted his characters killed off in both series. It's taken 45 years to reach the end of both sagas so it's about time for someone to kick the bucket.
He definitely doesn't want to be replaced which I get. He is Indiana Jones

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
All hail Doomcock!
I had heard all the endings tested terribly and they were struggling with what to do.

And speaking of Kathleen kennedy, is there anybody in entertainment that has destroyed more wealth than Kathleen Kennedy? It's amazing Disney paid for all that IP and then has just sat by and watched her run it into the ground. If it weren't obvious that Disney is perfectly willing to set shareholders' money on fire to commit to wokeness, I would think she had video of every board member and executive with a prostitute and was blackmailing them.
What's strange is she was a part of helping big-time names like Steven Spielberg create some of the most crowd-pleasing movies ever made. Her creative decisions with Lucasfilm products have been unequivocally horrible. I guess it's one of those things where when she finally had her chance to drive the bus she's the last person you wanted to see in driver seat.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
What's strange is she was a part of helping big-time names like Steven Spielberg create some of the most crowd-pleasing movies ever made. Her creative decisions with Lucasfilm products have been unequivocally horrible. I guess it's one of those things where when she finally had her chance to drive the bus she's the last person you wanted to see in driver seat.
No clue how they operated, but it's not uncommon to see a dynamic in business where the #1 is an idea and strategy person and the #2 is a details person that makes sure the plans get implemented. Those #2s often don't make great #1s when they are promoted. If the track needs to stay the same, they're generally good, but when it's time to adjust or change strategy, they just don't have the mind for it.

All that to say, it seems like Kennedy is somebody that maybe has no talent for creative/strategic decisions and maybe is compensating for that by making the 'woke' decision and telling herself that is being creative/visionary even though today that's just mindlessly following the crowd.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
You’re right. Temple of Doom isn’t that bad but after that it’s terrible.
It’s not great looking back. But as a kid, who I feel like they were marketing to at the time, it was great. You know Hasbro was in those production meetings with a blank check.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
No clue how they operated, but it's not uncommon to see a dynamic in business where the #1 is an idea and strategy person and the #2 is a details person that makes sure the plans get implemented. Those #2s often don't make great #1s when they are promoted. If the track needs to stay the same, they're generally good, but when it's time to adjust or change strategy, they just don't have the mind for it.

All that to say, it seems like Kennedy is somebody that maybe has no talent for creative/strategic decisions and maybe is compensating for that by making the 'woke' decision and telling herself that is being creative/visionary even though today that's just mindlessly following the crowd.
Or it's just really hard to produce a creatively-pleasing hit movie, and they've had more misses than usual for no easy reason.

You may have missed it, but in the last thread on this crap I provided a link saying that the main reason to bring back Iger was over broad discontent with the financialization of the creative side of the company. That they were pushing content based on schedules and market surveys, and saying quality doesn't matter. New to Disney, hardly new in corporate America.

I don't know how many know this, but Fox killed off the X-men franchise the first time due to a hell-bent desire to put the movie (Last Stand) out on Memorial Day weekend. Quality didn't matter. And they were right, the movie stunk, but killed at the box office. Only later did they learn their mistake, when the excellent movie First Class bombed. Franchises have to keep putting out quality, or they die quick. Chopek didn't get it, so he's out. Good. If only we could get the rest of corporate America to figure it out. Millennials won't buy things! Why won't they buy like their parents did? Cause you started putting out cheap garbage instead of quality goods, morons.

The ironic part of this red-pilled "woke agenda" garbage, is the tent-pole Disney films are doing anything other than pushing a woke agenda. How many gay MCU characters are there? It's Hela obvious that they're just trying to straddle the fence here and get all sides to buy tickets.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login