OT: A Massive Musical Undertaking

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I have really enjoyed the podcast A History of Rock in 500 Songs. I decided I would take each artist that is mentioned, listen to all their discography while reading a biography of each. It touches on Jazz as well as it morphed into rhythm and blues and Rock. So far, my favorite is Louis Arnstrong. The guy was brilliant and way ahead of his time.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
I picked up a really unique book about Satchmo that’s basically a reproduction of a scrapbook he kept over the years. Very well put together.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I have really enjoyed the podcast A History of Rock in 500 Songs. I decided I would take each artist that is mentioned, listen to all their discography while reading a biography of each. It touches on Jazz as well as it morphed into rhythm and blues and Rock. So far, my favorite is Louis Arnstrong. The guy was brilliant and way ahead of his time.
You may like Rick Beato on YouTube. Talented musician, easy to listen to, and his reviews of different genres is very good. He used to do a regular video entitled “What makes this song great”, and I watched every one of those. Brought up some interesting and little known details about each one.

Also, I love how he griped ALOT about stupid licensing rules on YouTube. Certain artists, he couldn’t even play an audio or video clip to reference, so he would just play it himself! Very talented guy.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You may like Rick Beato on YouTube. Talented musician, easy to listen to, and his reviews of different genres is very good. He used to do a regular video entitled “What makes this song great”, and I watched every one of those. Brought up some interesting and little known details about each one.
He may sound like he has a very advanced approach to music, but he really breaks it down where anyone can understand what's going on I have them in my YouTube subscriptions. If you get a chance, listen to when he breaks a classic song down.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I’ve said this before: I loathe podcasts largely because a lot of folks don’t do them well.
You'd probably love Theo Von, he really has his stuff together. :ROFLMAO:

For me TikTok has stopped a lot of my podcast listening, the highlights of most of my favorite shows will be put out as TikToks, so I hear the best segments without the commitment.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login