OT: Ahsoka series

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
I thought the first 2 were pretty good overall. Definitely started way better than the Kenobi series did.

I might be in the minority here. Although I've heard some thought it was terrible, I also liked season 3 of the Mandalorian except for 85% of the one episode they spent following the doc and brainwashing chic. That episode sucked.

Reactions: ChE1997

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I won’t lie, I thought I would want to see this, but Kenobi just pissed me off at Star Wars as a whole. Was really looking forward to it and it totally let me down. Didn’t love the Book of Boba Fett either. I haven’t watched Mandalorian season 3 yet even though I really liked the first two, haven’t watched Andor even though it’s been highly regarded, may circle back to this eventually but I’m not there yet.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I just quit trusting Lucasfilm since Star Wars #8 and 9. They destroyed everything about 1-6 when they did not have to. Rouge One was pretty good but I'm not going to get into one of those silly arguments.

I did like the Mandalorian Season 1, but it went down the same path that the previous projects have since Disney took over.

They won't miss my viewership.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I won’t lie, I thought I would want to see this, but Kenobi just pissed me off at Star Wars as a whole. Was really looking forward to it and it totally let me down. Didn’t love the Book of Boba Fett either. I haven’t watched Mandalorian season 3 yet even though I really liked the first two, haven’t watched Andor even though it’s been highly regarded, may circle back to this eventually but I’m not there yet.
Mando season 3 is decent and I did not like Kenobi either especially now that they’re saying it will be back for another season. It should be a one off.

Boba Fett was ok. It was just Mando season 2.5.

Andor might be my favorite overall. I really liked it and it was a refreshing change from the other series.

Haven’t gotten to see Ahsoka yet but it’s pretty much Rebels season 5.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
I was really looking forward to kenobi too and was really disappointed. Based on appearances in Mando I didn't think this would start that way and it doesn't. Much better and more action. Kind of a Rebels / SW 1,2 3 vibe.

I wasn't a fan of rogue 1. SW 8 and 9 have kept me from wanting to watch the solo movie and andor series.

Last 2 episodes of Mando S3 are great. Action packed, but not jedi action. Really follows the mandalorin page instead of the force/jedi.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Andor is as good as Star Wars has been since the original trilogy. Do yourself a favor and watch it

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I guess my hang up with that has been that I didn’t particularly find that character interesting or memorable in Rogue One, which I think is a movie with an awesome final act but a kinda boring buildup to it.
That’s exactly how I felt. When they announced Andor was going to be a series I thought it was idiotic. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Do yourself a favor and watch it

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
You watched the not so good ones and skipped the good ones. Bold tactic.
Ahsoka is going to be the best of the live action.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Mando season 3 is decent and I did not like Kenobi either especially now that they’re saying it will be back for another season. It should be a one off.

Boba Fett was ok. It was just Mando season 2.5.

Andor might be my favorite overall. I really liked it and it was a refreshing change from the other series.

Haven’t gotten to see Ahsoka yet but it’s pretty much Rebels season 5.
They have to show Kenobi and Maul meeting back up. Surely that is what is going on. Or maybe a Ahsoka and Kenobi meet up.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Mando are Andor are fantastic series. Boba and Kenobi are still better than almost anything you'll find on TV, just didn't live up to OG Star Wars standards.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
You watched the not so good ones and skipped the good ones. Bold tactic.
Ahsoka is going to be the best of the live action.

I skipped the “good ones” because the bad ones made me lose faith that anything would be good. Hopefully they have indeed corrected course. Still may get around to it eventually.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I thought the first 2 were pretty good overall. Definitely started way better than the Kenobi series did.

I might be in the minority here. Although I've heard some thought it was terrible, I also liked season 3 of the Mandalorian except for 85% of the one episode they spent following the doc and brainwashing chic. That episode sucked.
Filoni and favreau need to just be in charge of all Star Wars from now on. Their content is by far better than anything else the rest of Star Wars Lucas films Disney put out. The rest of Disney content is pretty trash now. Just not good with the exception of the new avatar and gardians 3.
ETA: mando and andor or great. Kenobi okay. Book of boba Fett kind of sucked to me

Reactions: Ozarkdawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
They kid this stuff down so much none of them are great.
Maybe you are onto something. The original movies were pretty kid friendly. Darth Vader is swinging a laser sword that can cut through steel but nobody gets chopped in half or decapitated? People say Jedi is the most kid friendly but I’m with Randall from Clerks. It’s the darkest. All of those subcontractors were just working to feed their families and were killed by the Rebels. Since the demo with the largest fanbase is the 30-60 crowd, maybe we need a Deadpool treatment of Star Wars.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Is Ashoka enjoyable if I didn't watch Rebels? I've consumed almost all SW content, but I drew the line at cartoons animated series.

Reactions: Dawgpile

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Is Ashoka enjoyable if I didn't watch Rebels? I've consumed almost all SW content, but I drew the line at cartoons animated series.
The clone wars is damn good if you find the actual episodes to watch online and skip the fillers. Really makes anakin into an actual character and shows his fall to the dark side. Makes the prequels tolerable. Not good, just tolerable. Rebels is pretty good. Season 2 with Vader as the big bad is excellent

also, Ashoka may be the best character in Star Wars history, and I grew up in the 80’s. Her character arc over clone wars and rebels is fantastic. The second best may be maul, and he is also done in clone wars and rebels

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login