OT: Airport Parking Hack

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I have been doing this for a while and a buddy is using my gimmick next week as he's traveling for 11 days.

If I'm flying somewhere for more than 3-4 days, I find my closest vehicle dealer to the airport and schedule some kind of warranty work, recall, or maintenance that needs to be done. They will shuttle me to and from the airport, get my work done, and some even wash the vehicle all for free. If you're going on a 10 day trip that can save you $150 or more in airport parking fees and you you get that stupid recall work done without wasting a day at a dealership.

PooPop out.

Reactions: DawgsGoneWild

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Uber generally costs $20 each way as well
Sorry. Should have been clear, this is for people who don't live within a few miles of the airport. $500+ for me to snag a Lyft to the airport.

Screenshot_20221027-120910.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221027-120910.png
    Screenshot_20221027-120910.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 1

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Meh. I've become a fan of off-site parking. Cost about 30% less, plus you get shuttle service, they carry your bags, minimum amount of walking and you can get covered parking in most cases.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Screenshot_20221027-124422.png

You pissed they stole an adjective often used to describe you?

If that gets to you, do not watch watch Honor Blackmon's character in Goldfinger or go to England and hang out with a cigarette smoker, you will find a few of your other nicknames have been hijacked as well.

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
View attachment 252128

If that gets to you, do not watch watch Honor Blackmon's character in Goldfinger or go to England and hang out with a cigarette smoker, you will find a few of your other nicknames have been hijacked as well.
Animated GIF

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Pissed? No I am not pissed.
Its just a dumb term for what used to be called a tip.

Language changes and each of us likes some of the changes while disliking other changes. Homeless being called 'unhoused' because it doesnt evoke the negative connotations of 'homeless' is also a dumb change. But no, I am not pissed about that either. Something can be dumb but not piss me off.

Swede39

Jan 29, 2016
Not a bad idea at all. I fly for work all the time so fortunately I can expense it. But I may steal this one next time I fly for personal reasons.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Joe Lees Socks, did you change handles?
There was a very drunken incident on the bourbon trail a few weeks back.

We met a guy we started calling Pop-Pop. He was 65 years old, bald, and as big as a damn sasquatch. I got really hammered and requested a name change from the On3 folks, but being so drunk, I fat fingered PooPop instead of PopPop. The email from On3 says you only get the 1 name change. So, I guess I am PooPop from here forth.

The worst part is I just had my new business cards sent and now have to scratch them out and write in Poo Pop.

PXL_20221027_214100997~2_copy_2016x1134_1.jpg

Jul 26, 2021

We met a guy we started calling Pop-Pop. He was 65 years old, bald, and as big as a damn sasquatch. I got really hammered and requested a name change from the On3 folks, but being so drunk, I fat fingered PooPop instead of PopPop. The email from On3 says you only get the 1 name change. So, I guess I am PooPop from here forth.

The worst part is I just had my new business cards sent and now have to scratch them out and write in Poo Pop.

View attachment 252207
Pic. Hilarious. Kudos.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

Augustus McCrae

Aug 25, 2012

View attachment 252207
You make me laugh dude. Don’t ever change.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012

View attachment 252207
I can 100% confirm this story. It was very funny the next day when jls realized that he had typed poopop instead of pop pop.

Pop pop was everywhere we went and I do have a drunken selfie with the famous pop pop.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I can 100% confirm this story. It was very funny the next day when jls realized that he had typed poopop instead of pop pop.

Pop pop was everywhere we went and I do have a drunken selfie with the famous pop pop.
The best part is that as drunk as I was that night, I was a distant second on being the drunkest one there.

Whoop!!!

Reactions: NTDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login