OT: Another Entergy Issue

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Power outage in Gluckstadt on the east side of the interstate extending to northern Madison subdivisions. Text message alert from the city of Madison says due to a substation issue in Gluckstadt.

patdog

May 28, 2007
And once again, Entergy's outage information system is garbage. Says my power is on, when several subdivisions are out.

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
Transformers pew pew around us in crossgates yesterday evening. Neighbor said he was getting txt alerts for no power although he had power the whole time. Crazy. Get ya **** together, entergy!

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
It is a scary situation when a Transformer blows. They are a pressure vessel full of copper and mineral oil. Below is a picture from a job site many moons ago.

xfmr.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
High side bushing on a transformer blew up.
oddly enough, by random trips on I20 the last month, I have seen SEVERAL trucks carrying these several times delivering them to someone. open trailer with the these with the bushings just riding out in the open wind

1694715065023.png

patdog

May 28, 2007
Kinda OT but interesting

We ain't much for green energy are we? Actually, we kind of are being light on coal. We really don't have the resources for a lot of wind, hydro or even solar power.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

civildawg88

Aug 22, 2012
Tunica is about to have the tallest wind turbines in the US in the next few months and most of my projects are solar interconnections. It's a huge scam but the government money is just too good.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Bushings are installed when transformer is received on site for Entergy
This is true for a new transformer or ones being scrapped. With the bushings installed you run into height limitations on the route. They will arrive onsite, dress them out (bushings, radiators and cops tank) and fill them with oil. Some utilities have old transformers fully dressed strategically located. Now they have mobile emergency substations to deploy for temp. supply during natural disasters and emergencies.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login