OT - Another Streaming Tread

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I have a buddy who wants to ditch DirectTV for streaming. Catch is, he needs every ESPN option as his family are huge fans of every MSU sport - even baseball at our current level - so he needs all ESPN networks and SEC and SEC+ (which is assume is the same as SEC alternate?).

It looks like Cspire TV may have a tier that satisfies all these requirements, any others?

I tired the search option, but I got returns from all on3 sites, I couldn't figure out to narrow it down to just this board.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I have a buddy who wants to ditch DirectTV for streaming. Catch is, he needs every ESPN option as his family are huge fans of every MSU sport - even baseball at our current level - so he needs all ESPN networks and SEC and SEC+ (which is assume is the same as SEC alternate?).

It looks like Cspire TV may have a tier that satisfies all these requirements, any others?

I tired the search option, but I got returns from all on3 sites, I couldn't figure out to narrow it down to just this board.
Another for Youtube TV. Much better option. Secn+ is the online only sec network

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
Another for YouTube. Get SECN, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU & ESPN News. If it is on ESPN+ or SECN+ you just log in to the ESPN app with your YouTubeTV credentials and can watch there
This is the correct answer. Although, I recommend avoiding baseball broadcasts.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Another for YouTube. Get SECN, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU & ESPN News. If it is on ESPN+ or SECN+ you just log in to the ESPN app with your YouTubeTV credentials and can watch there
This.^^^^. I didn’t realize that you could log in to ESPN+ with your YouTube PW for a while, but everything that is broadcast anywhere on an ESPN platform is available. My viewership is the root cause of the collapse of our baseball program yet I can quit watching.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
A little bit of a rabbit hole, but how come ESPN won’t change their interface? It’s absolutely horrendous. It’s like they want you to peruse every freaking available game whether on demand, live, or upcoming before I find the game I want. They put the “choose by sport/league” way down the line. They could make it so much easier/user-friendly but refuse to since it’s been like that for years.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
A little bit of a rabbit hole, but how come ESPN won’t change their interface? It’s absolutely horrendous. It’s like they want you to peruse every freaking available game whether on demand, live, or upcoming before I find the game I want. They put the “choose by sport/league” way down the line. They could make it so much easier/user-friendly but refuse to since it’s been like that for years.
Concur, I usually just go down to networks and pick SEC+ (or whatever channel).

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I think we pay $75ish for CSpire fiber. ATT fiber is currently being installed in my hood, so hopefully, that will keep prices competitive.
I guess that's what keeps me from streaming only. I'm paying $160 total a month for cable and internet. If I do internet only, that would cost me around $93/month. Add just about any streaming service to it and I'm getting substantially less programming for around the same money. In my situation, streaming really isn't worth it.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
I guess that's what keeps me from streaming only. I'm paying $160 total a month for cable and internet. If I do internet only, that would cost me around $93/month. Add just about any streaming service to it and I'm getting substantially less programming for around the same money. In my situation, streaming really isn't worth it.
Are you on Comcast? We had Comcast and the lines got slammed on Friday/Saturday nights. Constant lag when I was gaming. We also had to “renegotiate” every year which was a major pain.

Switched to Cspire fiber as soon as they ran it. It’s $85 per month and is a quality service. Also no negotiating every 12 months. They setup my internet and leave me alone.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Are you on Comcast? We had Comcast and the lines got slammed on Friday/Saturday nights. Constant lag when I was gaming. We also had to “renegotiate” every year which was a major pain.

Switched to Cspire fiber as soon as they ran it. It’s $85 per month and is a quality service. Also no negotiating every 12 months. They setup my internet and leave me alone.
Yeah. I'm with Xfinity. I have no complaints other than having to haggle every 24 months. I actually like doing it.

My internet is rock solid. Zero lag gaming. If I ever have a problem, I just restart the hardware and that clears it up.

My only other option is ATT. I'm not in Cspire country.

Reactions: patdog

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
This.^^^^. I didn’t realize that you could log in to ESPN+ with your YouTube PW for a while, but everything that is broadcast anywhere on an ESPN platform is available. My viewership is the root cause of the collapse of our baseball program yet I can quit watching.
You can't. This conversation has been had before. ESPN+ is not the same as ESPN3, which includes SECN+.

ESPN+ is a separate subscription which you can either get alone or bundled with Disney+. If a game has ESPN+ beside it, you WON'T get it unless you are paying for that service. Fortunately, most of the games they put on ESPN+ only are the football games against nonconference nobodies like a Jacksonville St., Furman, UT Chattanooga or something similar.

Reactions: dawgdoug1962

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Why so much for internet? I've never paid more than $59/mo. Right now its $55 for fiber 200mbps in Starkville from 4 County Electric. They have 1gbps for $80. You can add a lot of streaming services if you're only paying $55 for internet and be way less than $160

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
We have it in our condo in S'Vegas, the kids call it MaxxSuxx
I had MaxSuck up until a few months ago and it was turrible, $59 for "up to 45mbps" but never got more than 21mbps. It went off a lot on its own and almost every morning at 6:30 it would go out, reboot itself, and come back on in about 5 minutes. 4 Counties "FastNet" fiber has been really good so far and its le$$ than the "up to 45mpbs" was and is 200mbps

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Anything but Direct TV or U-Verse. And I'll just leave that there for others to figger out.

was21

May 29, 2007
How much are yall paying your ISP for interwebs?
$54.95 with Coast Connect plus $73.00 for YouTube (just increased). Still less than AT&T internet and DirecTv. Best thing I've done tv wise is to drop DirecTV.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
We have it in our condo in S'Vegas, the kids call it MaxxSuxx
I'm was in the same boat with MaxxSouth at my place in Starkville, but I found that it was the wifi router that is built into the MaxxSouth cable modem that was the problem. I bought a cheap wifi router off Amazon last year and hooked it to the MaxxSouth modem/router combo and it made a ton of difference.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Fiber or the TV service? I've searched online trying to find the price for CSpire TV, but have been unsuccessful.
I have Cspire Fiber Internet and Cspire TV. It is all streaming. I have A TV on back porch and garage. It reaches everywhere. The cost for together 252.00 a month. There is a less package, but I wanted SEC and SEC plus channels. I get five streams for that price. It comes with other sport channels like the NFL, but I don't watch those. It is great service, and channels are really clear.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
The cost for together 252.00 a month.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Hulu live with ESPN+ and Disney is like 70 a month and Hulu live has ESPN, espn2, espnnews, ESPN u, Sec + and, I'm sure they will have will have the ESPN W when it drops oh and the have ESPN8 "the ocho"!
Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
i had Hulu and that was by far my favorite streaming service but i had so many issues with buffering i had to let it go. im on my 2nd month of Youtube tv. it s cool, but Hulu was my favorite.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
go to search and enter missi and you get our games.

Reactions: WilCoDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login