OT: Any former Boy Scouts here? BSA is rebranding.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I am an Eagle Scout then a leader for about ten years and they already ruined scouts by allowing gays in and it just keeps getting worse. There are all girl groups forming when scouts is supposed to be “all inclusive”. I wouldn’t want any of my grandkids joining with gay leaders and gay scouts! Not a good situation to put a young kid into! I’m done with scouting at this point!
You'll be upbraided.

Last edited:

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Although with the addition of girls I do get the name change desire, I am disappointed in the CEO's statement that appears to be far more woke than as simple as that. I think it was unnecessary to say they are an org where you can be who you want to be... or something like that. Again, disappointed.
This is what happens when leadership people break sacred trusts, as happened in the Boy Scouts in recent years. The corrective responses can be terrible and the founding principles of the organization can be lost in the wash.

Surfcock

Jul 24, 2022
The best part is how the BSA went bankrupt for letting grown men mess with little boys.

Now days they just do it in makeup 💄 and it’s ok. Life’s Great 😊

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
The best part is how the BSA went bankrupt for letting grown men mess with little boys.

Now days they just do it in makeup 💄 and it’s ok. Life’s Great 😊
Speaking of Life, Boy's Life magazine was a pretty good publication in my scouting days. Just saw where they changed their name a couple of years ago to Scout Life. Admittedly I dont know a thing about it anymore but I can't help but think boys are missing something about being boys.... which used to be a thing

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Speaking of Life, Boy's Life magazine was a pretty good publication in my scouting days. Just saw where they changed their name a couple of years ago to Scout Life. Admittedly I dont know a thing about it anymore but I can't help but think boys are missing something about being boys.... which used to be a thing
You answered the question I posed in post #11. I suppose the literal answer is "no".

Reactions: Blues man

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
None of my scout leaders were pedophiles that I knew of anyway. But, at least one was a jerk. I remember when I told him I wanted to test for the architecture merit badge, he chuckled and told me I was barking up the wrong tree. But, I got the last laugh because my father owned a construction company and once I met all the requirements, he had to approve it. I recall good times at Camp Palmetto in Saluda NC. Weird that it was called Palmetto and located in NC. I see that it was renamed to Camp Bob Hardin.